Matt S

Used Wimsew 0618-1 sewing machine (UK)

I am offering my Wimsew 0618-1 sewing machine for sale. Fairly standard medium-quality Chinese flat-bed upholstery weight sewing machine. Works well but not the latest model (no safety clutch). Takes 135x16/17 needles, large M bobbins and standard 111 style feet. Has reverse. Basic servo motor fitted. Will do 20+feet of sewing with tkt20 thread on a single bobbin.

It's a good machine but not the same quality as an Adler/Singer/Juli etc. I've used it for literally hundreds of dog leads and collars but it's never been used "full time". I've used it most recently as a backup to my Seiko which saved my  backside but need the space.

Sample in the picture is 4x layers of bridle split, each about 2mm thick and seen with tkt20 thread. This is below the limit of what the machine can do but near to it, and about as much as toys want to put through it regularly. Machine can sew about 10mm (3/8") thickness maximum, with tkt13/v207 thread in the needle but only with tkt20/v138 in the bobbin. Top speed is about 1200SPM.

I'm asking £725 OBO, cash or bank transfer. That's half what Tysew wants for the same machine, and £400 less than new from Wimsew.

Machine is located in Harrow, middlesex. I could ship it but it wouldn't be cheap. Can fit in a small hatchback.

Anyone needing a well priced starter in the trade, in the UK should look at this, and talk to Matt.

If I was not sewing machine embargoed by my wife (apparently 4 industrials, 2 domestics and a overlocker is plenty for any man) I would have had it (sorry Matt, blame my wife).

Best

Harry

Harry just buy it and tuck it amongst the rest, she'll never even notice.

kgg

2 hours ago, kgg said:

Harry just buy it and tuck it amongst the rest, she'll never even notice.

kgg

Aah , but she would, I have two in the house, she'd ask about 3.

Too late the 'all seeing eye' already knows

Harry

If you want you can buy it and store it at mine free of rent and you would be helping Matt out and your wife would never know you have brought it

Edited by chrisash

Now asking £650. All offers and part-ex considered.

Monday morning price drop to £625 or best offer.

Good to hear was tempted but was not sure if i had a good enough reason and space for another machine.

JCUK

Edited by jcuk

3 hours ago, jcuk said:

Good TO hear was tempted but was not sure if i had a good enough reason and space for another machine.

Thanks JC. It went to a young lad starting out a car trimming business.