leatherguy71

consew sewing machine

Good day everyone, I just purchased a used Consew 206RB-3, the owner gave me a manual for a 206RB-1, will this manual work? also, I've tried looking up the 206RB-3 online and can't find any, I'd like to know what's the different needle size I can use, along thread size? If there's anyone that can help me I'm sure there's someone here.

The manual should pretty much be the same. I think the main things that changed over the years were the lubrication system and the reverse lever.

The needles are 135x17.

The machine will run up to 138 thread.

You will see it mentioned that it will handle 207. That is not exactly true. You can run it on top, but no bigger than 138 on the bottom.  (So what's the point, I say).

How am I doing so far @wiz?

Nope it's not big enough for 346. You can only run a certain amount of range on any given machine. 

@leatherguy71 Moved you post to leather sewing machines where you will get more exposure and info.

You can use leather point needles 135 x 16 for sewing leather goods.  But not for fabrics as they will cut textile threads.

For thread and needles sizes, look at this chart.  https://www.tolindsewmach.com/thread-chart.html

You can purchase needles through vendors that support this forum.  They are listed in the banner ads at the top of each page.  Each time you refresh the page, it will cycle through to more ads.

Tom

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:03 PM, leatherguy71 said:

I was wondering if I can run z346 thread through this machine?

No 346 won't work,I have a customer here in town that is using#277 BUT it is on vinyl for top stitching cars seats,on leather you have more friction with the larger needle & you just can't get enough foot pressure to hold the leather down so it will skip stitches & break thread if you go much over 1/4" thickness with a bigger needle #25 that the larger thread requires.