Zonker1972

Leather balm with atom wax

I've been looking for the fiebing's Leather Balm with atom wax in black and have not been able to find it anywhere. I did come across zack's black leather balm with atom wax on zack white leather. Had anyone ever used this? 

Thanks, 

Zonker

Fiebings has discontinued all flavors of this product except Neutral.
I spoke to one of their chemists via email some time ago and he said that I could use the Eco-Flo water based dyes from Tandy (2600- series) to create a colored Balm.  I've tried it with brown and black. The black was OK but the brown requires some experimenting. I used a few small disposable cups and syringes to do a couple of colors. I wanted to be able to pour "X" ounces of neutral into a bottle and "X" amount of dye and be consistent. Except the black, I found it was too much of a PITA to do, as the difference between the Neutral and the colors was not enough to warrant the effort.
For Black, pour enough black into the balm so it stops being grey. I don't remember the proportions as I found a quart of the Fiebings Black and am still using it...

If you do get the Zack White version, please let us know how you like it.

10 minutes ago, hawgrider said:

That's the Neutral.

Edited by TomG
forgot something