wellI tried the tan kote as a finish and it seems to shinny and a little hard to work with, I used a damp sponge as recommened but I don'like racing the clock when applying a finish. Not happy with resolene right now either , I'm looking for other options and opinions of the products.

thanks everybody

Resolene, diluted 50:50 with water, applied with a damp kitchen sponge in two light coats, following the instructions on the label, with a light buff using a soft old cotton tshirt in between coats, has not let me down so far, on any project.  I can select anywhere from satin to semi-gloss in the result.  To reach the higher end of glossy I use a cream polish, Blackrock, or Leather Balm with Atom Wax.

I prefer it over Tan Kote, Super Sheen, Bag Kote, or any other finish that is commonly available to us.  Someone on Youtube did a water-resistance test on Youtube, and Resolene ranked toward the top.

Hope this helps.

I spray Resolene thinned 50/50 with distilled water with an airbrush - works every time.

Gary