Sign in to follow this  
07milch

Adler 105-64

I’ve been researching machines (first time buyer) and am utterly overwhelmed. I mainly do purses (total of 6-12 oz) and other small goods. I was told an Adler 105 would be good? I found a nice 105-64 near(ish) (5 hrs away). Would this be a good machine? 

Although the 105-64 is a nice med-heavy duty needle feed machine, i think you would be better off looking for an Adler 69 or Pfaff 335 type machine. I am sure there are other options from other makes for this class of machine also. I personally use a Pfaff 335 for wallets,purses etc.... On the other hand if you were planning on doing belts and heavy stuff which needs a bigger needle and thicker thread, then the 105 is a very good choice. hope this helps.

12 hours ago, jimi said:

Although the 105-64 is a nice med-heavy duty needle feed machine, i think you would be better off looking for an Adler 69 or Pfaff 335 type machine. I am sure there are other options from other makes for this class of machine also. I personally use a Pfaff 335 for wallets,purses etc.... On the other hand if you were planning on doing belts and heavy stuff which needs a bigger needle and thicker thread, then the 105 is a very good choice. hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll check into them

Edited by 07milch

Anyone else have feedback on the 105?? Or any other suggestions on machines to look into? What about the Cobra 26?

20 hours ago, 07milch said:

I’ve been researching machines (first time buyer) and am utterly overwhelmed. I mainly do purses (total of 6-12 oz) and other small goods. I was told an Adler 105 would be good? I found a nice 105-64 near(ish) (5 hrs away). Would this be a good machine? 

This machine has been discussed on Leatherworker.net. Use your favorite search engine to search for this term:

site: leatherworker.net adler 105-64

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

This machine has been discussed on Leatherworker.net. Use your favorite search engine to search for this term:

site: leatherworker.net adler 105-64

Thank you but I’ve already read every thread on here regarding the machine. There actually isn’t very much info. 

The 105-64 will be useful to you as long as you are sewing at least 1/8 inch of material with #138 or larger thread, using a #22 or larger needle. Also, your projects will have tooth marks on the bottom. If your jobs meet these minimums, the Adler may be a good investment (as long as it doesn't need expensive replacement parts).

The 105-64 is a bottom feed + needle feed machine - they usually have less aggressive feed dogs compared with plain bottom feed / drop feed machines. So the marking are approx the same as on walking toot / triple feed machines.

7 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

The 105-64 will be useful to you as long as you are sewing at least 1/8 inch of material with #138 or larger thread, using a #22 or larger needle. Also, your projects will have tooth marks on the bottom. If your jobs meet these minimums, the Adler may be a good investment (as long as it doesn't need expensive replacement parts).

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Constabulary said:

The 105-64 is a bottom feed + needle feed machine - they usually have less aggressive feed dogs compared with plain bottom feed / drop feed machines. So the marking are approx the same as on walking toot / triple feed machines.

Thank you for the additional info, that helps!