Sign in to follow this  
TheHollerLW

Cowboy 3200 PRO Question

I just put my machine together, I decided on the PRO because of the stand. I have used a 4500 in the past and figured the same stand would be nice. However with the 3200 shorter arm it dose not seem to be the case. The peddles are in front of the cylinder arm, so sitting at this machine is very hard when you have to lean way into look at the project. Is this stand only for standing? even then its not very comfortable. Its almost like the pedals need to be at the back of the platform not right in front.

any help is appreciated, Thanks 

I understand what you are saying. I have to say though this is in fact the same with the bigger machines. 

Im pretty sure! Or it’s exactly as you mention with the Cobra class 4. So I believe the 3200 has the same base casting size and placement.   

With that I think the basic pedistal stand is used throughout these big stitchers we talk about on the site here constantly. So you picked a nice machine, the optional pedistal stand or as mine the same similar stand its what we got. 

I have had plans, but been busy. 

Good day

Floyd

ps: I have had plans for a box type build-up of this base pedestal stand. 

Edited by brmax

You can flip the base over & then the pedals will be towards the back.This will take alittle work because you'll have to take the head off the table,lay the stand down,unbolt the base,take the pedals off & re-install on the otherside,put the castors on the otherside & bolt the column back on.

I have a Cobra C4 and I think it has the same setup.  I use a classic 4 leg round stool and place it so two legs straddle the base.  With my heel on the foot ring it lets me use my toe to control the pedal and still be close to the work.  I’ll try to take a photo later today and post it to give you a visual.  

18 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

You can flip the base over & then the pedals will be towards the back.This will take alittle work because you'll have to take the head off the table,lay the stand down,unbolt the base,take the pedals off & re-install on the otherside,put the castors on the otherside & bolt the column back on.

great idea, wouldn't that require me to drill some new holes for the peddles ? 

Edited by TheHollerLW

1 hour ago, TheHollerLW said:

great idea, wouldn't that require me to drill some new holes for the peddles ? 

No,when you flip the base over the holes for the pedals will be further away from your feet like you want.

With smaller standard or upholstery class machines of mine the foot pedals are a bit adjustable. I think importantly though they are centered very near the 2” mark behind the needle. But this is always a sit down position  

So with this base plate flip, you have or are able to consider. Its new position is pretty close to 10.5 forward at your pedal center. This Im referencing, as if I did this.

I’m considering I would get a pedal position center not that far past the needle. Im pretty sure its a personal prefference adjustment. I do like the flip to gain 4” toward the needle, or for my stool to be closer. 

As Joon1911 mentioned the foot rest, so I tried another stool I had, as the stool foot rest position is a good mention. Anyway I will need to work on these ideas. Thank you Bob and others for the Tips. 

Floyd

Edited by brmax

2 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

No,when you flip the base over the holes for the pedals will be further away from your feet like you want.

oh ok i get it, thanks Bob