HollyMac23

Looking for one particular part for a Pearson No.6

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me. I am looking for a specific part for a Pearson #6 machine. Unfortunately I don't know much at all about these machines... so if I have got information wrong or I am using the wrong terminology I apologise in advance. 

The picture I have attached of the part is really low res but it is the metal plate that holds the shuttle in that I am missing. I don't know if the picture is of the same machine but it's the only reference image of a similar part I could find online.

Ideally I would love to be able to purchase this part from somewhere (and it doesn't have to be in New Zealand, although that does make it easier) but other wise if there is someone in Auckland that has one of these machines that I could look at and could get a metal worker to make a new part from an existing part.

If anyone has any info that could help me even just the right terminology for this part it would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Pic 1.jpg

Contact Steve at Singermania in Australia.  He has the best selection of #6 Pearson's anywhere.

glenn

My machine arrived missing the same part. I had to borrow one and have it replicated. Good luck.

Hi Holly,

To clarify, are you looking for the slide cover that goes on the top?

I don't have a No.6 any more but my recollection is that this is a pretty simple part. Given measurements an engineering shop should be able to make one without any difficulty.

I'm not sure how active he is on here at the moment, but Gordon Disher is near you and has a handful of No.6'es.

I'm awake...:)

Just contact- email-  me in Auckland  or Steve in Aus

Hello, I had this machine that I know well enough. It is now in Taiwan but I suppose this is that piece you are looking for.

You can buy it here www.aaronmartin.com.

Alain.

plaque de fermeture navette.jpg

8 hours ago, beaulama said:

Hello, I had this machine that I know well enough. It is now in Taiwan but I suppose this is that piece you are looking for.

You can buy it here www.aaronmartin.com.

Alain.

plaque de fermeture navette.jpg

When I was looking to replace mine I went to Aaron Martin and they only sell the spring and screw which helps latch the plate in place. As I said I had one copied. They left the brass ramp piece square and I shaped it myself using the actual piece on hand and running the shuttle and checking for high spots.

@HollyMac23 You could see if @Les No6 has or knows of any sources for your replacement part. He is a font of knowledge on the old girls and has been known to manufacture small runs of some parts before.