TxLeather2

How to Tell the Difference Between the Branches of the US Armed Forces

If you give the command "SECURE THE BUILDING", here is what the different services would do:

The NAVY would turn out the lights and lock the doors.

The ARMY would surround the building with defensive fortifications, tanks and concertina wire.

The MARINE CORPS would assault the building, using overlapping fields of fire from all appropriate points on the perimeter.

The AIR FORCE would take out a three-year lease with an option to buy the building.

Funny stuff right there!

I'm ex-Coast Guard, and we didn't secure buildings. Mostly boats, ships, an occasional aircraft. Heck, if we can just secure a little respect as a branch of the armed forces, we're pretty much GTG.

Jeff

8 minutes ago, alpha2 said:

I'm ex-Coast Guard, and we didn't secure buildings. Mostly boats, ships, an occasional aircraft. Heck, if we can just secure a little respect as a branch of the armed forces, we're pretty much GTG.

When I was in the Navy we trained with you guys from the Coast Guard. Quite an elite unit, but what was confusing was that the uniforms looked like ours, except for a little white plop of something on the sleeve. 

Yeah, way back when, we had the CrackerJack uniform, with the dixie cup hat, but that's all changed now. In the '70's we had the Donald Duck hat, you know, no brim? Now THAT was a throwback!

You're right, the only difference between us and Navy was the shield on the right sleeve. That, and we could wade ashore in an emergency. 

:yeah::rolleyes2:

rushsmall.jpg

Edited by alpha2