Reegesc

How To Make Coin Conchos

2 minutes ago, billybopp said:

Thanks!   I didn't know that.  I haven't bought solder in a very long time since I don't do electronics for a living anymore and the plumbing here is just about all plastic now.

BTW - I'm sure I'm not alone in that I'd love to see some of your stained glass work if you're up to sharing.  The skills of people on here in addition to leatherwork never ceases to amaze.  Y'all are a talented bunch!

- Bill

Solder is eeexpensive nowadays lol 30 bucks a pound or so. I will have to take some pictures of what i have. I made most to sell and give but did do a few small windows for my house. It has been a few years  as it was one of those tried, did and moved on crafts that i didn't find a lot of passion in i guess. I have a ton of glass and all the equipment in a box in the basement.

31 minutes ago, billybopp said:

Thanks!   I didn't know that.  I haven't bought solder in a very long time since I don't do electronics for a living anymore and the plumbing here is just about all plastic now.

BTW - I'm sure I'm not alone in that I'd love to see some of your stained glass work if you're up to sharing.  The skills of people on here in addition to leatherwork never ceases to amaze.  Y'all are a talented bunch!

- Bill

Doh then i looked up and remembered my clock . It was the first pattern that i made myself unlike leather glass patterns have to be made so you can cut each piece without problem, some angles you can draw you just cant cut out in glass. surprising how hard a logo this was to duplicate and get the clock segments as well.

clock.JPG

5 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

Doh then i looked up and remembered my clock . It was the first pattern that i made myself unlike leather glass patterns have to be made so you can cut each piece without problem, some angles you can draw you just cant cut out in glass. surprising how hard a logo this was to duplicate and get the clock segments as well.

clock.JPG

BEAUTIFUL CLOCK, nice JOB.  

here is a little copper work.   baby grand

pianio.png.1b0e4ad5132f5b2d0ddda1018046641c.png

I had a bike rally around here last year

1775057687_bikeralley002.jpg.1cde724a0596b5f4051789e3c32b413d.jpg

1 minute ago, Frodo said:

BEAUTIFUL CLOCK, nice JOB.  

here is a little copper work.   baby grand

pianio.png.1b0e4ad5132f5b2d0ddda1018046641c.png

Thank you and that baby grand is something to be proud of also.

Those are awesome guys!   Thank you for sharing.

- Bill

On 3/20/2021 at 4:10 PM, cseeger said:

Sorry, I don't understand your question.  For Chicago screws you use the female end with a base to solder to the coin.  For rivets you use the male end with a base to solder to the coin.  Then you use the rivet cap (female) or the Chicago screw (male) to attach the concho to leather.  

I don't think there is such a thing as a rivet or Chicago screw without a base and certainly not without a cap or screw.  How would you attach it to anything without a cap or screw?

Did you watch the video?  Pretty much explains it.   

Thanks for the reply! My apologies, I think I was overthinking this. So my screws have domed caps and should closely match the concave underside of the coin and make for a solid bond. I probably need shorter screws too if I’m just putting these on thinner pieces like a wallet as mine are .25”.

5FB789D6-30FE-48D5-8EA3-0AC0FC20221F.jpeg