On 2/24/2019 at 1:09 AM, YinTx said:

Customer loved it

Yup, that's what it's all about in the end...

3 hours ago, Sanch said:

@YinTx great sheath Sorry this is one time I coulda done with the rule being broken!!  P.S. Your spirit stitch is great.

Thanks!  And I presume the blade is not your style?  :)  Oh, yeah, I'm never really _happy_ when my Spirit Stitch shows up, but I've come to expect it and accept it, because it's gonna be there, and it's proof I'm not perfect!

YinTx

Edited by YinTx

3 hours ago, YinTx said:

Thanks!  And I presume the blade is not your style?  :)  Oh, yeah, I'm never really _happy_ when my Spirit Stitch shows up, but I've come to expect it and accept it, because it's gonna be there, and it's proof I'm not perfect!

YinTx

Absolutely not my style at all.  Maybe when i was 17 lol!

No one has said it so I will.....

That knife is ugly.

The sheath, however is super awesome.

Great job putting lipstick on that pig.

(I didn't really want to be the mean guy, but...)

19 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

No one has said it so I will.....

That knife is ugly.

The sheath, however is super awesome.

Great job putting lipstick on that pig.

(I didn't really want to be the mean guy, but...)

Ditto....

It was "show off leather work," not "show off someone else's knife," and I did what I could to dress it up.  :)  I don't judge my customers, just try to make the best things I can for them.  And the shape did present a fun challenge.  ;)

YinTx

Yin, Nice finish up to that project. I don't know that the knife is ugly, just different. The sheath is top rate. Don't you just hate it when the project drags on?

Awesome craftsmanship!

Excellent! Anyone should be proud to carry that thing around.

On 3/17/2019 at 7:08 PM, cardinal leather said:

Yin, Nice finish up to that project. I don't know that the knife is ugly, just different. The sheath is top rate. Don't you just hate it when the project drags on?

Thanks, and yeah, seems most of my projects take forever.  And each one seems to fill it's own scrap bag in the process...

On 3/18/2019 at 2:02 PM, GuitarLeatherDopeFiend said:

Awesome craftsmanship!

Thank you much!

On 3/18/2019 at 3:20 PM, GrayHallidayJr said:

Excellent! Anyone should be proud to carry that thing around.

Appreciate it, and he seemed genuinely happy with it, although I haven't heard back from him since.. I'm going with "no news is good news."  :)

YinTx

This one got passed me - I missed seeing it before.  But I LIKE this -- good color choice and it looks TIGHT (not snug, but "together").

Well as long as we are resurrecting a thread, I am impressed and as usual, humbled by your work Y!  I stared at the tool work and didn't even catch the Browning logo because it was so superbly done and decorated, trimmed by your beautiful stitching etc.  Had to go back and look again.  And again...  I agree with the "hole".  Dang!

But you have to do what your client wants and sometimes it goes against your better judgement. 

Now the knife.  So much going on there that I can't understand.  For a standard knife I would think it would be cumbersome to use with that knuckle guard, but for a gut hook, that would be just awful trying to use it turned backwards in your hand.  And the gut hook is almost halfway up the blade and the blade has a geometry to the point that looks like you'd be dragging that razor point through the, well let's say "animal parts", that you wouldn't want to be taking a chance of slicing while you are skinning with the gut hook.  I had to laugh when I saw the blade.  But, I own other knives that are not practical, in fact I've built a few, like an couple of 15 inch bowie's that are really for looking at and nothing more unless you have this thing about carving a turkey like you were Mik Dundee. 

So, I'm sure your client is both proud of his knife and that fantastic piece of art it now gets to live in!