Bootknife

Junker & Ruh S.D. 28 Sole Stitcher

AKA ...Pedersen Outsole Stitcher Model 30S. I am Trying to find Parts bur really need a few Needles. Someone said Leffjer in Melbourne Australia but I do not have a link.

My first thought was that the OP lived in Australia. However, according to his IP address, the poster lives in Jacksonville, Florida. Members are encouraged to add their home base location to their profiles to help narrow down replies to their questions, geographically speaking.

Your source for Junker and Ruh needles would be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, from Henry Veenhoven. I can send you his last known phone number and email address in a private message. He was last seen on this forum 2 years ago.

Yes Wizcrafts, I am here in Florida as I have Moved From Maryland. I was on this site back then and as a result, purchased a Cowboy Class 4 from Steve T. at LMCo. I liked and use that Machine here in Fla. I have had this J&R for as many years but never returned it to Service. Since posting around a few sites I have gathered two Manuals, One German and today One in English. It seems this Tech is the Same as a Pedersen model 308! So I am making Progress.Please send any Info You may have as I am excited to get this old Puppy working again....They don't them like this anymore! If I can just get it TIMED, That is my Biggest Problem.Thanks again Fellow Leather Workers You are the Greatest!!!

5 hours ago, Bootknife said:

Yes Wizcrafts, I am here in Florida as I have Moved From Maryland. I was on this site back then and as a result, purchased a Cowboy Class 4 from Steve T. at LMCo.

I think you meant a Cobra Class 4.

Try @silverback for needles for Junker and Ruh.

If you get bored with the Petersen, I have a Protos you can fix.

protos1.jpg

On 2/22/2019 at 7:13 PM, Wizcrafts said:

My first thought was that the OP lived in Australia. However, according to his IP address, the poster lives in Jacksonville, Florida. Members are encouraged to add their home base location to their profiles to help narrow down replies to their questions, geographically speaking.

Your source for Junker and Ruh needles would be in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, from Henry Veenhoven. I can send you his last known phone number and email address in a private message. He was last seen on this forum 2 years ago.

You could also try newenglandneedles.com for Petersen needles.

14 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

Thanks  Rockoboy  I will Try them!

13 hours ago, casemaker said:

You could also try newenglandneedles.com for Petersen needles.

Thanks I will Try Them casemaker

14 hours ago, casemaker said:

protos1.jpg

Wow is that a Sewing Machine?

15 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

Rockoboy do You have a Full Link for this site? this gets Me all over the place.

1 hour ago, Bootknife said:

Wow is that a Sewing Machine?

That is a typical outsole stitcher. Every shoe repair shop has at least one, if not two or three. Most are made by Landis and are model 12 (a - g). They have a curved neele and awl and form a lockstitch using waxed linen thread..

It was an outsole stitcher with a factory option of being a Corner Stitcher.  Attached is a brochure showing what it was used to make.

protos-0619.pdf

17 minutes ago, casemaker said:

It was an outsole stitcher with a factory option of being a Corner Stitcher.  Attached is a brochure showing what it was used to make.

protos-0619.pdf

Here's a link to the German distributor

.  http://www.sieck.de/en/machines/sewing/diverse-machines/?produkt=4460

Hi Bootmaker, istill have needles. I have pm,d you.

On 2/22/2019 at 7:13 PM, Wizcrafts said:

Were You able to Find Mr.Veenhoven's info, Sir? If so here is Mine hallrobert.hall@ gmail.com

On 2/24/2019 at 2:20 AM, casemaker said:

Id love one of them....very cool machines. Is yours knackered then casemaker?? Sieck would probably have parts for them but maybe not too willing to sell them as they use them for refurbishing other machines.

Here is the machine in action if anyone was wondering how it stitches and what it can do??....https://www.instagram.com/nystromsthlm/

Edited by jimi

I do not understand "

knackered then casemaker??"

27 minutes ago, Bootknife said:

I do not understand "

I was asking Casemaker, the guy with the protos machine, if it was broken=Knackered.

Re: the Protos stitcher, I have one working and the one in the photo that needs parts.

Since the working one is so good, I don't need the other one, so it is for sale.

I'm wondering if a Landis K stitcher could be modified to do this now the Protos is no longer made?  The standard welt guide on the K-12 is interchangeable but I've never seen a box stitching attachment.  Has anyone played around with one of them?

On 3/11/2019 at 11:26 AM, jimi said:

Id love one of them....very cool machines. Is yours knackered then casemaker?? Sieck would probably have parts for them but maybe not too willing to sell them as they use them for refurbishing other machines.

Here is the machine in action if anyone was wondering how it stitches and what it can do??....https://www.instagram.com/nystromsthlm/

I want one! 

I have one good machine and one parts machine.   They are for sale.