Sign in to follow this  
trickydaze

durkopp 241-5S

Does anyone know if the rotary hook for singer 111w will work on a durkopp 241-5S? they look close  but I haven't pulled it out yet.

Thanks

They do - I had a Dürkopp hook in my 111G156. However - the shaft of the 111 hook has a grove where one of the set screws sits in but  the Dürkopp hook as no such grove. Thats the main difference beside that you can separate the shaft from the hook at the Dürkopp 241 hook and the Singer 111 in one piece. Meaning - when you replace the 241 hook with a 111 hook you have to pull the entire hook including shaft (most likely you have to re time the machine cause the gears could get out of alignment) When you replace the old Dürkopp hook with a new Dürkopp hook the shaft remains in the machine and you only pull out the hook which is attached with a (vertical) screw.

hard to explain - let me see if I can take some pictures... :blink:

Pic 1, 2, 3 - left is the Singer hook, right is the Dürkopp hook.

Pic 4, 5 - this is the Dürkopp hook, the shaft remains in the machine you only pull out the top part. Advantage is is you (usually) do not have to re time the machine. Singer hook and shaft is one piece.

EDIT:

I´m not sure but it could well be that the hooks for Singer 153w machines could work for the Dürkopp 241 - see what I mean - see below link:

https://goldstartool.com/Hook-for-Seiko-CW-7-7B-8-8B-8V-8VB-w-b.c..html

IMG_5490.JPG

IMG_5491.JPG

IMG_5492.JPG

IMG_5494.JPG

IMG_5495.JPG

Edited by Constabulary

Thanks much this is great info. to know. :) How about the feed dog and plate? The one,s on this 241-5S look,s pretty worn out any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

No - feed do and needle plate are different - there are no Singer parts and as far as I know no after market parts for this machine. It just shares some parts with Singer but not all

Ok thanks. This was my concern buying this old of a machine was parts availability. I have another part that's worn/broken It's in the lifting section that pushes pin to release tension on thread when you lift. I have parts book with numbers 241135k I don't what it's call my book is in German.

20190226_145529-1.jpg

Thats actually a tricky part!

I think LW member UWE has a Youtube Video how to replace this part.

I have replaced 2 of them on Singer 111G156 machines. I´m 99% sure the Dürkopp part is the same. But you no longer find original Singer parts and you have to be careful with aftermarket parts. What I figured is that original SEIKO and original JUKI parts fit for Singer 111 machines whereas some "Chinese" aftermarket parts do not fit.

The difference is in the pin that goes in the small hole near the presser foot bar clamp (part # 460111 in your picture) Juki and Seiko parts have a pressed in or heat shrinked pin (just like Singer and Dürkopp) whereas some aftermarket parts just have a bent piece to sheet metal - and that just does not work (my own experience) I hope you know what I mean and I explained it right.

So - before I loose my self in long explanations....

I would try a JUKI part # B1460-246-0A0   or  SEIKO part # 10546A

In my 111G156 I´m using the above JUKI part and just recently (due to the BREXIT) I ordered the SEIKO part from College Sewing in the UK (just to have a spare). They have the same function but I think the SEIKO part is a bit closer to the Singer part and is better made. 

If I were you I would try the SEIKO part.

Keysew has the SEIKO part on their website:

http://store.keysew.com/catalog/product/272a3dfeb4184c8890c3def5c018fff0

EDIT:

here is the Video:

Edited by Constabulary

Awesome just ordered it. Very good video of changing it out this part.  :thumbsup:

Yes I see what your saying, the original part seems like it's hardened steel, very tough like spring steel.

I have a Durkopp 241 that I don't need . I'm not sure if it still sews but I would sell it for $100 . It looks complete . It would have to be a pickup because it's too heavy to ship.

On 10/21/2020 at 10:08 AM, Ivan1939 said:

I have a Durkopp 241 that I don't need . I'm not sure if it still sews but I would sell it for $100 . It looks complete . It would have to be a pickup because it's too heavy to ship.

@Ivan1939

If you plan on advertising this machine for sale, please post the ad in our Marketplace section, under the Sewing equipment > Used category. This forum is for discussing and troubleshooting leather sewing machines.

On 2/26/2019 at 5:51 PM, trickydaze said:

Awesome just ordered it. Very good video of changing it out this part.  :thumbsup:

@trickydaze  any feedback on using the SEIKO part # 10546A thread tension release?   Also would you have a picture of the innards of your machine?   Believe I’m missing a pressure bar spring.   Thanks! 

Paul