Sign in to follow this  
gordond

Album cover bag

Album cover bag ... made recently and taken on board this year's "Cruise to the Edge"  - autograph collecting (another of my interests)

Solid 2 layer sculptured plugs ... ~ 1.5mm top leather... turn back edges .. hand stitched... black oil dye (plus commercial black refinish)
Colour - acrylics .. resolene sealer plus wax sealer ..
Inner supports - 3mm hardboard with soft liners ... simple shoulder strap.. line snap closures (least obtrusive fitting - which did work well)

Nb: posted on some FB pages also

FB_IMG_1550491532220.jpg

Ohh, I like that, good contrast of the design 

NICELY done!  What an ambitious design...

I played that album practically to death many, many moons ago.

"There behind the glass stands a real blade of grass.  Be careful as you pass. Move along, move along"

Can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, but I can remember obscure, deep-track lyrics from 1973 (Karn Evil 9, 1st Impression, Part 2) [sigh]

I really like this. Nice work on a very unique item.

Thanks very much All for the compliments :)

Having issues with the gallery function on the forum was hoping to post more photos there before I replied here .. I think the admins are quite busy with certificate issues. (error ext 1064) ...I probably broke it?!!:wacko:

Background on this project : an icebreaker on many levels. I haven't carved leather for a few years and no Embossing in over 30 years (even then just a one off and a very small job). this was test of my own and machinery capabilities... Well sure did identify the gaps between imagined vs reality - lol! Biggest one - I need a bigger workshop! :rolleyes2:

(plus sharpen everything..repair this that and also everything else..lol!)

The other unexpected icebreaker was the reaction to this bag by some famous musicians in my autograph quest..... "wow - what's that!"..  certainly had some entertaining discussions.

IMG_20190304_215245241.jpg

IMG_20190304_214958339.jpg

That is fine work!  I still listen to ELP regularly, and have always enjoyed Giger's artwork.  Very well done. The fact that it opens to show the image of Isis is really cool.  I had a large poster of that inner image above my bed back in my college days. Wow!