LeatherLegion

New stitching irons

Just found this guy on Aliexpress and really liked his tools ...similar to KS but better looking in my opinion. It looks like you can use same handle for the Japanese and the European style teeth he offers. The fact that you can go from obverse to reverse  just by turning the teeth is a great feature  He also has few other different tools , all of them seems to be very well made  .

I might end up ordering the 3mm set and post a short video of them in action soon as I'll get them

Here is  the link for his store ...worth checking them out

4z store 

DSC06172

DSC06196

CIR009

ref001-5

Interesting.  still pricey.

I would rather spend 180usd (2+8 3mm/spi) from Ksblade. Where I know I get good steel quality.

1 hour ago, Danne said:

I would rather spend 180usd (2+8 3mm/spi) from Ksblade. Where I know I get good steel quality.

Also you get  a nice  looking wood box...great presentation .  It looks like a lot of leather workers love their KSblades tools and at $180 ( or $360 is you want the inverse set too ) still seems like a good deal. The titanium gold looks stunning.  What is the steel used for the prongs? I couldn't find any details on their website. I wonder if anybody had to change any of the prongs yet and how easy is it ? 

42 minutes ago, LeatherLegion said:

Also you get  a nice  looking wood box...great presentation .  It looks like a lot of leather workers love their KSblades tools and at $180 ( or $360 is you want the inverse set too ) still seems like a good deal. The titanium gold looks stunning.  What is the steel used for the prongs? I couldn't find any details on their website. I wonder if anybody had to change any of the prongs yet and how easy is it ? 

I have 3mm/9spi and I'm really happy with them. But I just made an order from KevinLee 10+11SPI Ksblade don't sell 11SPI so I thought I try KevinLee.

If I remember correct they don't share which steel they use. But my tools stay sharp, and I haven't heard from anyone that their prongs get bent.

If you need to change prongs you have to send your tool to Ksblade. I bought 2,5,10 prong I don't use the 5 prong that often so in case I would need to replace a prong I could "borrow" one from my 5 prong, and get that replaced. This way I'm not without irons the time it take to ship it back and forth.

It's probably easy to change a prong. Maybe they use some loctite on the crew (if so you may need heat to loosen it.)

Edited by Danne

59 minutes ago, Danne said:

It's probably easy to change a prong. Maybe they use some loctite on the crew (if so you may need heat to loosen it.)

I was just  looking again on their website for the steel they are using and i found this . I assume it's because the tooth angle has to be set properly too.   

"Due to technical constraints, it is only possible to replace to replace the blade at head office and you are responsible for roundtrip shipping costs."

I just wished it could have been done "at home" and even have few extra teeth included in that price just in case .

It looks like i was wrong ,  the nice wooden box comes only with the $560 titanium gold set . Regardless, still a good value 

5 minutes ago, LeatherLegion said:

I was just  looking again on their website for the steel they are using and i found this . I assume it's because the tooth angle has to be set properly too.   

"Due to technical constraints, it is only possible to replace to replace the blade at head office and you are responsible for roundtrip shipping costs."

I just wished it could have been done "at home" and even have few extra teeth included in that price just in case .

It looks like i was wrong ,  the nice wooden box comes only with the $560 titanium gold set . Regardless, still a good value 

My guess is that prongs have a flat surface where it’s screwed. But It’s very small screws. I didn’t have a small enough tool at home otherwise I would have been able to answer both if it’s a flat surface and if loctite is used.

3 minutes ago, Danne said:

My guess is that prongs have a flat surface where it’s screwed. But It’s very small screws. I didn’t have a small enough tool at home otherwise I would have been able to answer both if it’s a flat surface and if loctite is used.

That's one thing i like ( beside the beautiful design) about the 4Z irons : square tops , regular Allen key (or flat screwdriver) for easy change,  including the ability of turning the teeth for an inverse stitch. It looks like they use a 440c stainless  that's also used in  knife blades, surgical instruments , chisels , ball bearings and so on. But then again , you can't them with 20 teeth like KS

6 hours ago, John11214 said:

Legoin, did you end up buying it? 

I am waiting on him to release a watch strap punch too. Apparently he is gonna come up with other tools in the near future. Philip Jury will post a YouTube review of those irons ...waiting on that too. 

Meanwhile i ended up buying a Beagle set in 3mm...front and back side pictured bellow. I used #92 sewing machine thread55783986_268574520726662_54753561028503321_n.thumb.jpg.08f737c8e91a4bf95ee3d2985e75f436.jpg54277238_598720123930518_4377442887178751560_n.jpg.50984d0e1472ee47c833651ba9365e3e.jpg

Edited by LeatherLegion

On 3/26/2019 at 11:06 AM, John11214 said:

Your Beagle set looks good! The teeth are long and slim! How long are those teeth? and does it taper up? 

Here is a review ( not mine) on YouTube. At one point they are compared side by side to Amy Roke  irons . 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzm8A61ZFxM