mcholbrook2810

Barry king maul, palosanto knife, Kevin Lee irons

Recommended Posts

Hi guys I have a few items for sale that I haven't been using much lately and would like them to go somewhere they would be used.

The bk maul is 64oz and is used but in good condition. Asking $60 shipped

The palosanto knife is very lightly used an in great shape. Asking $25 shipped

Kevin Lee irons are 3mm 9 and 2 tooth diamond. I am asking $67 shipped.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adverse, are you looking for diamond iron? Its a bit weird though because I don't see Kevin Lee having an 9 tooth option on their irons. Maybe its a custom? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 1:02 PM, Adverse said:

sent PM yesterday about the irons, no response yet =)

I think he sold it already 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am interested in the maul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 2:14 PM, John11214 said:

Adverse, are you looking for diamond iron? Its a bit weird though because I don't see Kevin Lee having an 9 tooth option on their irons. Maybe its a custom? 

I gave up and just ordered them new from KL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, me too. I actually gave up last week and just got ,3mm 2 and 8, them in the mail. Looking at the shipping package, KL is shipping from California. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John11214 said:

lol, me too. I actually gave up last week and just got ,3mm 2 and 8, them in the mail. Looking at the shipping package, KL is shipping from California. 

You talking about Kevin Lee? I got stuff I have been waiting on since January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya, from Kevin Lee. I too thought shipping would take weeks from China but no. The return address was from California. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 6:20 PM, John11214 said:

Ya, from Kevin Lee. I too thought shipping would take weeks from China but no. The return address was from California. 

Could you please give me the tooth width size of your KL set? Thank you so much,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here, I took a pic for you. I would say its around 1.6 to 1.7mm. Height is about 10mm and at 10mm the width is bout 2-2.1mm. I am curious if he can make it a same width from end to end.

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 1.42.56 AM.png

Edited by John11214

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 1:45 AM, John11214 said:

Here, I took a pic for you. I would say its around 1.6 to 1.7mm. Height is about 10mm and at 10mm the width is bout 2-2.1mm. I am curious if he can make it a same width from end to end.

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 1.42.56 AM.png

Thank you for your photo. How do you feel about this pricking irons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I think these are good for the price. It is sharp, going through leather is smooth. I just tested it out, take a look. Two layers of Wickett & Craig Bridle, about 3-4 oz, with Vinyl MBT .45 and .55. Top is .45, middle is .55 and bottom is .45mm. BUT! I wish the teeth were longer with less taper going up, that might not be possible though.

 

 

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 9.41.14 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will take the Kevin Lee tools if they are till available?

PM sent to op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, John11214 said:

1 more pic

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 9.54.25 PM.png

You could try sinabroks by now.im using 3.38 and love it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you like Sinabroks? Do you have KS to compare it with? Do you feel the teeth is too wide fo small goods? 2.2mm right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now