Matt S

Best pre-finished leather for bike seats?

I've got a friend who's reshaping the seat on his WR125X, adding a couple inches' posterior padding, and he wants me to make him a fancy new cover it.

We're looking at doing the top panel in a good deep black and the side panels in a blue to echo the colour of the fairings so I think a prefinished chrome tan rather than tooling leather or other veg-tan. The bike lives under cover but raining is our national sport, and he's keen for a grippy seat in all weathers. The obvious solution is to find a pebble-grain upholstery leather but I don't know if this is going to be grippy or hard-wearing enough. Is there any particular leather or specification that I should be looking for?

Have a look at this link for the black, don't think you will get the blue - maybe ask,  you never know. I cannot log in at the moment they updated their site,  so as for cost not sure - but won't be cheap,  but lovely leather. Make sure you scroll down to read the info.

https://www.abbeyengland.com/pittards-panel-hides-7705.html

This is another option with blue and black never used this leather so cannot give you any input of the quality. But i used the company a lot happy with the leather i have purchased.

https://www.metropolitanleather.com/Chrome-Tanned-Leather/Coloured-Side/Full-Chrome-Side-Ashton

Hope this helps

JCUK

Edited by jcuk

Thanks JC. I still can't log into Abbey but as you say the Pittards won't be cheap!

No won't be cheap and you are maybe doing it at mates rates, same here still  can't login to Abbey.