Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to buy a used JUKI LS-341-N and wondering if anyone can point out it's advantages or disadvantages.  Also, what improvements were made in the new (and improved?) JUKI LS 1341-N model?

Thanks for any thoughts you might have,

Janet

Respectfully, An advantage in the Juki ls-341; in this small world, is it is now copied by all others, except Durkopp Adler. 

In regards to newer or design differences in the Juki ls 1341, first I respectfully say all flatbed designers are now fully copying top part of this design, just a few are found cloning the 1341 design, so far. 

So the upper part you’ll notice different on the juki ls 1341, and another design for the future in the medium heavy class. 

Breifly a few items that are different in the two designs. Although I first would say juki has some of their cylinder arm machines that can sew a much smaller circle, vs these standard machines in discussion. 

The 1341 machine head is heavier than the 341. Primarily the topside is where its at. In this design they mention needle bar stroke is longer, this relates to torque advantage in needle pushing through.

In addition is the feed motion upgrade, they describe it as more squared. I will put the brochure link below.

Generally the feed dog is pulling the canvas or leather. So it may have a bit more in contact and longer in duration. This happens when it comes up, through and then straight down when the biting dog goes back down in its house. 

I could never get over that description, from a very very experienced lady of over 30 years in the factory sewing profession, then private. “ the biting dogs “ are causing trouble. Musta been my first laugh in all my industrial machine study of the pros.

Anyway back to the newer Juki ls 1341; its cylinder is near 80mm dia. Or 9-1/2” length textile or leather can be sewn in a circle.

This design I early on found it great in its gear train access, both veiwable and adjustable. Covers can be removed so these advantages are I think smartly sought after, evidently!

Im not sure the presser foot clearence on the 341, I dont hear complaints about it. In any case the 1341 says to have more at 16mm.

One other difference I later noticed and didnt realize until much later is. An update in the hook design, this is a veiwable difference in looking at the bobbin ( all if which are top load ) this was made in later 341 style and carried into the 1341 design. I think is resembles a Pfaff, fwiw.

The 1341 uses system 135x17 needles. If desired this machine head can use the system 190 needles. Just as most 15series Juki heads, not just the 1508. This may or may not be in your interest but some of both are available in leather point from the dealers here. Hth

https://www.juki.co.jp/industrial_e/download_e/catalog_e/ls1340.pdf

Floyd

how good is the juki ls 341 for  leather sheath