jayker2002

WTB - KSBlade Punch pricking irons size 3.0mm & 3.38mm

Hello, 

I'm looking to buy these set of pricking irons from KS Blade Punch

Size 3.0mm 

Size 3.38mm 

If you have any of them, please contact me, I would like to buy it right away.Also, I live in Toronto, Canada, better to give me shipping cost as well, or maybe meet up for personal sale. 

thank you 

ksblade.jpg

@geargarcon, didn't you have a set for sale?

On 3/1/2019 at 6:24 PM, jayker2002 said:

Hello, 

I'm looking to buy these set of pricking irons from KS Blade Punch

Size 3.0mm 

Size 3.38mm 

If you have any of them, please contact me, I would like to buy it right away.Also, I live in Toronto, Canada, better to give me shipping cost as well, or maybe meet up for personal sale. 

thank you 

ksblade.jpg

Just sent you a message.

On 3/6/2019 at 6:25 PM, bikermutt07 said:

@geargarcon, didn't you have a set for sale?

@bikermutt07 Hey, thanks for remembering.  Yeah, I had a 3.83 set for sale.  I've sold those, but I still have my 2.7, 3.0, 3.38 sets.

@YSRASupply they aren't the gold colored ones, but if you're interested shoot me a message.  I'm not looking to sell these sets, but we might be able to work something out.

Cheers,

gg

On 3/10/2019 at 12:51 PM, geargarcon said:

@bikermutt07 Hey, thanks for remembering.  Yeah, I had a 3.83 set for sale.  I've sold those, but I still have my 2.7, 3.0, 3.38 sets.

@YSRASupply they aren't the gold colored ones, but if you're interested shoot me a message.  I'm not looking to sell these sets, but we might be able to work something out.

Cheers,

gg

I'm looking to buy my first set of quality irons. Would you recommend ks blades over sino or kevin lee?

6 hours ago, FrankyLegs said:

I'm looking to buy my first set of quality irons. Would you recommend ks blades over sino or kevin lee?

If I was buying my first set all over again? I would try the ones from Crimson Hide. Watch this.

I don't have these, but love the concept. They also have a wide range of sizes.

14 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

If I was buying my first set all over again? I would try the ones from Crimson Hide. Watch this.

I don't have these, but love the concept. They also have a wide range of sizes.

I'll have to give their site a look. Definitely had to skip around the video for time constraints, they remind me of kevin Lee's work a bit thank you sir.

16 hours ago, FrankyLegs said:

Sino is Jin who used to be KSBlades and spun off to start his own thing.  I can’t speak for the quality of the irons, but customer service dropped off a cliff once Jin left ksblade.

Crimson hides is great and I have some of their other tools, but it is a different style iron.  I prefer the style of kablade and sino, but I think the crimson are probably easier to use

3 hours ago, geargarcon said:

Sino is Jin who used to be KSBlades and spun off to start his own thing.  I can’t speak for the quality of the irons, but customer service dropped off a cliff once Jin left ksblade.

Crimson hides is great and I have some of their other tools, but it is a different style iron.  I prefer the style of kablade and sino, but I think the crimson are probably easier to use

Like I was saying, I only really got to skim that video. When you say different style do you mean the diamond/french style hybrid coming about? 

Thank you,

Yeah, the Crimson hide have a point in the middle that make them easier to line up, but I prefer the uniform punch of the ksblade over the diamond shape.  It's a small difference and most may not notice it, but it's enough for me to stick with the ksblade.  I've thought about selling my ksblade and buying sino just to support Jin.

2 hours ago, geargarcon said:

Yeah, the Crimson hide have a point in the middle that make them easier to line up, but I prefer the uniform punch of the ksblade over the diamond shape.  It's a small difference and most may not notice it, but it's enough for me to stick with the ksblade.  I've thought about selling my ksblade and buying sino just to support Jin.

If I could find a local mentor to fix my missteps I would love to use a french style iron. Until then I'm sloppy with an awl and want my public pieces to look good haha, thanks for the info sir

On 3/10/2019 at 12:51 PM, geargarcon said:

Cheers,

gg

Hello, 

I finally chose to support Sina, did order 3.38 set from him. I personally think sina pricking irons work best on larger size like 3.38 or 3.85. 

The gold colour is just the photos I got from Google only. 

I did send you a message GG.please check it

7 hours ago, John11214 said:

How do you like Sina's iron?

Personally, I love it... for the weight, and the punch hole. Really amazing. 

Only thing, is the part above the tooth, that's still too big, and cover the hole. You need to care more when you punch... 

Also, I think Sina is good for 3.38 size or above. 2.7 or 3mm is not good because the tooth width is long .

On 3/13/2019 at 7:45 AM, geargarcon said:

Anything upwards of  5oz you will want an awl for though

wrong.

Edited by nrk