Sign in to follow this  
Gusta1

Presser feet in patcher machine!

Presser feet  in patcher machine!

Guys, I tell you that I already have the machine at home it´s a Typical 2971 and I need your help, is there a trick or idea to prevent the feeding foot from hurting the leather?

Surely this was spoken many times but I have not found the thread nor found a possible solution to this problem!

Thank you all so much for your help!

3 hours ago, Gusta1 said:

Presser feet  in patcher machine!

Guys, I tell you that I already have the machine at home it´s a Typical 2971 and I need your help, is there a trick or idea to prevent the feeding foot from hurting the leather?

Surely this was spoken many times but I have not found the thread nor found a possible solution to this problem!

Thank you all so much for your help!

Back off the pressure on the spring over the foot to the least amount needed to feed the leather and hold it down as the thread and needle rise up. There are a few alternate presser feet for actual Singer patchers, some of which are less aggressive than others.

No matter what you do to the presser foot on a patcher, it still must have enough grab to pull the work to form stitches. Tooth marks on veg-tan are just an accespted part of owning a patch machine.

The teeth don't mark chrome tan shoe uppers like veg-tan. These machines were designed to sew shoe and boot uppers.

On 3/2/2019 at 1:03 AM, Wizcrafts said:

Back off the pressure on the spring over the foot to the least amount needed to feed the leather and hold it down as the thread and needle rise up. There are a few alternate presser feet for actual Singer patchers, some of which are less aggressive than others.

No matter what you do to the presser foot on a patcher, it still must have enough grab to pull the work to form stitches. Tooth marks on veg-tan are just an accespted part of owning a patch machine.

The teeth don't mark chrome tan shoe uppers like veg-tan. These machines were designed to sew shoe and boot uppers. 

thank you very much for your help!

I have a 2972 typical, basically the same machine. get yourself some oxygen tubing. the clear 1/8 id slip it over the teeth and clip it off. it works great. you'll lose just a tiny amount of lift, but for 4-5 oz. it will be good.

thank you very much for your help!

13 hours ago, spurdude101 said:

I have a 2972 typical, basically the same machine. get yourself some oxygen tubing. the clear 1/8 id slip it over the teeth and clip it off. it works great. you'll lose just a tiny amount of lift, but for 4-5 oz. it will be good.