Sign in to follow this  
klutes

Yet again patcher sewing machines.

I have read a lot on here about the older patcher sewing machines as far as pros and cons of them and each to his own. My question is what about the new ones  such as the CB 29 and others . Are they any better as far as sewing and stitching than the old ones? 

56 minutes ago, klutes said:

I have read a lot on here about the older patcher sewing machines as far as pros and cons of them and each to his own. My question is what about the new ones  such as the CB 29 and others . Are they any better as far as sewing and stitching than the old ones? 

That remains to be seen! These new patchers are clones of the Singer 29k series, which was pretty much perfected by Simanco. I have an Adler patcher that far exceeds the sewing capacity of my Singer patcher. It is a horse of a different color.

You told me that before. I have been looking around for a adler close to me to go look at and try out. Not many around

Adlers are superior to Singer patchers in some ways.  Parts are expensive and in a lot of cases, not available for older Adlers.   The new clones are all copies of the Singers.  Almost no one has copied the Adler which is a shame.  The best Singer clone being made that I have seen is those made by Taking in Taiwan.  The best patcher made is the Claes.  However, expensive machines as are the parts.  If I was 20 years younger, I would have had it knocked off by Taking in Taiwan.   Superior design and feeding.   Price is what  kills a lot of sales of this machine.  Just too expensive.  I would have changed the needle system on the Claes.  It uses a system #81 needle for the #10 and #20 models which is the only machines that use that system,  The #30 uses system #88 which is a system that is over 150 years old.  I would have changed the needle system 0 #332 LG which is the same system the Adler 30-5, 7, 50 and 70 uses.  Their are Adler patchers out there but you have to look.  The 30-7 and 70 models are in demand because of the high lift big bobbin.

glenn