I’ve tried to set the satchel regular to the largest stitch. Wither the part at the bottom of the stitch marks. It creeps up as I sew. If I tighten it snug the foot will not drop. Suggestions appreciated. 

Oh my I have a hard time with this site. Lol .  I set the stitch regulator to the largest stitch. With the regulator on the bottom line. It creeps up as I sew. If I tighten it snug the foot will not lower.

Wild guess w/o having seen your machine.

Probably the stitch length adjuster assembled the wrong way.

The squared frame and the gib have a "wedge" which have to be in a positioned correctly. The wedges give the presser foot bar space for its movement (feeding).

Could also be that the parts are worn or damaged.

I would also try to increase the foot pressure and clean and oil the machine and the involved parts thoroughly.

A few pictures of your machine could probably help ;)

IMG_2606.JPG

IMG_2601.JPG

Thanks for the reply. I have four  of these patchers. The gibb on the new part is not curved as in your photo. So I took one off of another machine and it worked fine. Much appreciated Constabulary. 

Its getting  and harder to find find new parts fr these 29Ks.

i I need a new check lever tension spring. Any leads? I just bought the one I’m working on. The previous owner had the screw so tight it almost wore a hole right through the spring! 

Toledo Sewing should have the springs here in the States.  I would buy two if you are getting them.

glenn

3 hours ago, shoepatcher said:

Toledo Sewing should have the springs here in the States.  I would buy two if you are getting them.

glenn

Thanks I will!