klutes

Finally found a Adler 30-7

Been some what looking for a Adler 30-7 machine for a little over a year. Finally found one close enough and priced ok. Going to  pick it up this Saturday. Gentleman that used it passed  away last year and it is now for sale. Glad to get it just hate under those circumstances. But it suppose to be dirty from setting for a year but complete and in sewing condition. About 7 hour drive to get it. That will make two Adlers that I will have. This one and a 69. Anxious to get it.   Now just need  one more. Lol

7 hour drive? Just a trip down the road.:lol: A chap in my shooting club drove much further just to buy a machine.:o

Yea it’ s not really that bad of a trip.

Thats how different things can be. Lots of folks on my side of the pond are not willing to drive 2 hours for a sewing machine. I have no problem with 4-5 hrs one way but thats my limit and it really must be worth the trip. I usually try to combine the trip and pick up something else or take a day off or visit a friend or so...

Just picked-up a DURKOPP 372 twin needle. Distance between needles 14mm. Spares are diffecult to find, so I found another one, unfortunatly different type a 375 twin needle in need of a lot of cleaning.

Together with the 375 came a PFAFF 143U12BS, basically not of interest to me.

So here is the question: anybody intetested in these machines? I live in the centre part of the Netherlands, near Utrecht.

10 minutes ago, fbmini said:

Just picked-up a DURKOPP 372 twin needle. Distance between needles 14mm. Spares are diffecult to find, so I found another one, unfortunatly different type a 375 twin needle in need of a lot of cleaning.

Together with the 375 came a PFAFF 143U12BS, basically not of interest to me.

So here is the question: anybody intetested in these machines? I live in the centre part of the Netherlands, near Utrecht.

can you open a new thread and post some pictures

I can if I now were to open a new thread :-)). Is thread the same as new topic?

Klutes,

Know this.  A lot of parts for the 30-1,5,7, and 15 no longer available.  Let me know if I can help.

glenn

7 hours ago, Constabulary said:

Thats how different things can be. Lots of folks on my side of the pond are not willing to drive 2 hours for a sewing machine. I have no problem with 4-5 hrs one way but thats my limit and it really must be worth the trip. I usually try to combine the trip and pick up something else or take a day off or visit a friend or so...

I think this just has to do with the availability of the machines on this side of the pond. I always look at eBay in Germany and drool over all the wonderful machinery still readily available over there. I've driven 1800 miles a few times to pick up machines.

thanks for the offfer GLen. So with the parts issue should I not get this machine and get a large bobbin singer.  Haven’t made the trip to get it yet.

6 hours ago, Constabulary said:

I would if I knew how. Is a thread the same as a topic? 

1 hour ago, fbmini said:

I would if I knew how. Is a thread the same as a topic? 

Yes and no. A new topic is actually the correct designation. The difference is that the designation "thread" usually refers to an ongoing topic with many replies. A new topic that has no replies is not actually a thread in that sense of the meaning. I refer to a new topic as a new topic, or new post. Once a discussion is underway, it becomes a (not new) thread.

Hope that explains it adequately!

3 hours ago, Mark842 said:

I think this just has to do with the availability of the machines on this side of the pond. I always look at eBay in Germany and drool over all the wonderful machinery still readily available over there. I've driven 1800 miles a few times to pick up machines.

And I wish I could pick up some vintage Singers models on your side of the pond  :lol:

2 hours ago, Constabulary said:

And I wish I could pick up some vintage Singers models on your side of the pond  :lol:

Like what models?

8 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

Like what models?

153w (or better Consew 227R), 107w50, 97 (yes, the beast), 136w (if I can get it to 4mm stitches)...

4 hours ago, Constabulary said:

153w (...)...

Even I can't find a Singer 153 walking foot machine for sale at an affordable price in the USA and I live here. They were all sent into Outer Space in Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster space car.

On 3/7/2019 at 9:23 AM, Constabulary said:

I just did....

Well I finally went and bought the Adler 30-7. Glad I made the trip. This machine has not seen a lot of use. In the same family since new with just occasional use. 

A big shout and thank you to Glenn for taking the time to answer my questions help get a couple things adjusted on it. 

Next in line is putting a sero motor on it. 

I will post some pics after finish gettting it set up.,

21 minutes ago, klutes said:

Well I finally went and bought the Adler 30-7. Glad I made the trip. This machine has not seen a lot of use. In the same family since new with just occasional use. 

A big shout and thank you to Glenn for taking the time to answer my questions help get a couple things adjusted on it. 

Next in line is putting a servo motor on it. (I added the missing V for you)

I will post some pics after finish gettting it set up.,

Then make sure it has a releasable brake when you begin to move the speed pedal, or no brake at all. If it already has a clutch motor, I advise leaving it on. It is usually much easier to control the brake release on a clutch motor than a servo motor (I have both types on various machines). Since patchers are often hand wheeled, you don't want to have to fight the action of a motor to spin the hand wheel for precise stitching.

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

Then make sure it has a releasable brake when you begin to move the speed pedal, or no brake at all. If it already has a clutch motor, I advise leaving it on. It is usually much easier to control the brake release on a clutch motor than a servo motor (I have both types on various machines). Since patchers are often hand wheeled, you don't want to have to fight the action of a motor to spin the hand wheel for precise stitching.

Ok good advice. Nothing is on it right now. It was always used as a foot or hand crank. 

Does it hurt anything to dissable the brake on a servo motor? I have one on my Adler 69 and hate the brake.

I was a little Leary of the patchers for what  others said about them not being good stickers.. This thing actually lays down a pretty good stitch line.

Edited by klutes

1 hour ago, klutes said:

Ok good advice. Nothing is on it right now. It was always used as a foot or hand crank. 

Does it hurt anything to dissable the brake on a servo motor? I have one on my Adler 69 and hate the brake.

I was a little Leary of the patchers for what  others said about them not the stickers. This thing actually lays down a pretty good stitch line.

Is your machine mounted on a power stand, or a treadle stand?

Treadle

1 hour ago, klutes said:

Treadle

Try to operate it with your feet before investing in any motor. The conversion will be complex because treadle bases aren't setup for industrial motors. My 30-7 is mounted on a steel power stand and has both a clutch motor and a speed reducer, which freewheel once I lightly press on the floor pedal. Turning on the motor makes it easier to spin the hand wheel on the front.

I am listen to you. But got my mind on a servo motor. I am sometimes to stubborn for my on good.