Dantan

Two used Sewing machines for sale

Long story short, I have two  older singer sewing machines that i need to find a new home for.

I am going to post here what they are, and i am hoping you all can help me figure out a fair price for them, and who knows.. maybe  a buyer?  ;)

Singer 29-4 Patch  sewing machine.   In Dusty condition...  I had it tuned up I think 16 years ago...  only used it a few times for a project that was discontinued.  It has sat unused for close to 15 years,  but I have reason to think it is not functional.   I am thinking $300 to $500 ??   is that appropriate?

The other machine is a Singer 51 W 54  Post machine.   This machine was tuned up in the fall,  and is the machine that I used for the last 20+ year.  It has been a work horse for me, stitching pretty heavy strap leather ,    until I got a flat bed PFAFF a couple of months ago.  This is the machine that I am really not sure what to ask for it,  because I am not seeing very many of them out there for sale.   so I am thinking   $200 to $400 ???  

Both machines are located in the Boston MA  area.    The 51W54 is set up, and easily testable..   the 29-4 needs to be dug out.

Thank you for any advice!!

Dantan

29-4.jpg

51w54.jpg

Hello Dantan - I am interested in the 51W54.  I am located about 5 hours from Boston (Long Island, NY) so let me know if you don’t find anyone in the local area to purchase the machine. 

It was the machine that I used when learning shoemaking.  Apart from its quirks, it’s a pretty reliable machine (though keeping things tight can be a challenge).  The visibility of the needle is wonderful with the wheel. 

Take care - Ed 

Hi Webicons,

I am going to put them up on craigslist today I think....

... any thoughts on a fair price?

I am not trying to make a killing or anything...   to be honest,  I need the floor space more then I need the cash.

D

The patcher has sold...   the 51W54 is still avavailible 

...and the 51W54 has sold as well...      I expect the buyer to be joining this website shortly.  :)