Sign in to follow this  
weekendranger

Checkbook Holder Pockets

Hi all, been asked by my friend to copy a checkbook holder. Everything seems pretty straightforward except for the hidden card slots. It could have probably been shared here before, but is anybody to help me out? How do we lay it out internally so that we do not see the seams on the outside?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
https://www.byndartisan.com/personalised-leather-gifts/48-cheque-book-holder.html?search_query=cheque&results=1#/9-colour-red

297.jpg

It could be as simple as 3 slots cut with no back to them. My wallet I carry is that way. The cards in the lower pockets keep the ones in the upper pockets from sliding down. It has been working fine for me for about 2 years.

Another possibility is that they used ribbon material and contact cement. There have been some help videos posted here before on how to do that. Some people stitched the ribbon, others said just cement was fine.

Another option is just modify that section and give them some T slot pockets.

Check out this thread, I think you'll find some answers there.

3 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

It could be as simple as 3 slots cut with no back to them. My wallet I carry is that way. The cards in the lower pockets keep the ones in the upper pockets from sliding down. It has been working fine for me for about 2 years.

Another possibility is that they used ribbon material and contact cement. There have been some help videos posted here before on how to do that. Some people stitched the ribbon, others said just cement was fine.

Another option is just modify that section and give them some T slot pockets.

I agree that with this particular wallet it is possible there are no internals.  For one reason is the overall size of the pocket area.  If the cards did slip, how far could they go?  Seems to me it wouldn't be a major issue.  Perhaps you have some scrap and could make up a test piece to determine whether any sort of internal suspension is necessary.  Not sure I like the sideways orientation of the slots.  I guess you would have to use the thing to determine whether you like it.  I suppose they are that way because the wallet is designed to be carried in a purse and not a pocket.  In a purse, you would grab it, open it horizontally and slide the cards up.  Still don't like it.