drunknpirate

Flatbed table attachment for Adler 869?

Anyone know where to find a flatbed table attachment for an Adler 869? I've seen some pictures online of some 869's with the same table mounted. They look like they were professionally made but I cant figure out who is making them!

2 hours ago, drunknpirate said:

Anyone know where to find a flatbed table attachment for an Adler 869? I've seen some pictures online of some 869's with the same table mounted. They look like they were professionally made but I cant figure out who is making them!

Weaver Leather?

Uwe Grosse makes a version of his flatbed table for the 69 series machines.  

I have one for the 441 and it is great. 

The only example I could find of a flatbed attachment for the Durkopp Adler 869 is sold by Sieck (http://www.sieck.de/en/machines/sewing-bags-and-leathergoods/arm-type-triple-transport/?produkt=7286) in Germany. They charge 200 Euro for that flatbed attachment.

Here’s a picture from their website for the LW archives:

BA4DB3E3-FAA8-4D63-9B62-FB11A57FB168.jpeg

The arm design of the DA 869 is very different from the vintage DA  69 and modern DA 669. The flatbed attachment I make for the vintage DA 69 won’t fit the DA 869.

Thanks for clearing up my mistake... I wish I knew more about all these machines, but at this point in life, things have to leave my brain to stuff more in.

On 3/8/2019 at 4:58 PM, Uwe said:

The only example I could find of a flatbed attachment for the Durkopp Adler 869 is sold by Sieck (http://www.sieck.de/en/machines/sewing-bags-and-leathergoods/arm-type-triple-transport/?produkt=7286) in Germany. They charge 200 Euro for that flatbed attachment.

Here’s a picture from their website for the LW archives:

BA4DB3E3-FAA8-4D63-9B62-FB11A57FB168.jpeg

The arm design of the DA 869 is very different from the vintage DA  69 and modern DA 669. The flatbed attachment I make for the vintage DA 69 won’t fit the DA 869.

Ha this is one of the pictures I was referring to when I emailed you, just couldn’t figure out who made it. Thanks for the help!

Watching this thread. 

I found a Polish site that sells at least 30 kinds of table adapters but my old Necchi cylinder is not likely among them. Pricing was competitive but the cart system seemed really odd. So I passed. Looking to make my own but I’m sure that is likely not realistic for most people and a diversion from work. 

19 hours ago, luxuryluke said:

I found a Polish site that sells at least 30 kinds of table adapters

Would you mind sharing the link to that website? These kind of reference to online resources work best if you make it a clickable link. Don't make dozens of people try and Google it when you already know the website address.

Edited by Uwe

22 hours ago, Uwe said:

Would you mind sharing the link to that website?

Absolutely, Uwe. I had no intention of hiding it, but didn't want to be labeled as a silent promoter of any site or service beyond mentioning them.

The final quote was around $50 for the adapter, but $140 shipping to Seattle. :O  The setup for ordering products was quite a bit different than I've ever witnessed, but I guess it works for them (create an account, join program, request offer, serious offer, quote, comitment, pay, etc.)

They had more than twenty or so different styles, too. Here it is:

https://www.strima.com/30501-premium-table-top-for-pfaff-335/item/321754/