Outfitr

How to get this color?

I like this color combination but I can't figure out how to get the lighter color on the A and the leaf. At first I thought it was just the natural veg tan with a resist or the dye painted to avoid those areas but it's not any color veg tan leather I've had. Mine are all darker and a different shade. I figure it can't be a dye because it's a lighter shade than the veg tan is. It looks like more of an ivory or cream color. Is it an acrylic paint with an antique over the top?

e1e6dee3673a55f05189ed5f91faa0d8.jpg

I would say your first thought is correct. It is natural veg. The recessed parts are capturing the stain. Depending on the exposure or lack thereof ,  veg tan can change shades easily from light, dirt, water, oils in your skin, and on and on and on. But I have seen and used that very shade, or close to it, in the past. I'm not sure but I want to say it was a Calcutta, but don't hold me to that. If you look around you can find a "clean light color" veg tan. Try the folks (Rusty) at Springfield Leather. Kevin is still owner but has handed it over to Rusty. Talk to them and maybe send the pic to them. They have been good to me, good luck.

looks like paint to me  angelis shoe paints with a antique applied say like a dark brown . IMHO

I would guess at a bleached veg tan.  Some of the unbleached leathers like Hermann Oak have a more orange/brown shade to them after a little exposure to light.  Imported veg tans tend to look like the one in the photo.  I've seen some European and Japanese veg tans with that lighter color as well.

YinTx

I'll take a guess. Wicket and Craig vegtan. I have some scrap I bought off a member here and it is a very pale shade of off whiteish looking stuff.