tofu

Looking for a 111w155 or equivalent (NYC)

Not having too much luck finding an "intro" machine near NYC. Maybe someone here can help. 

Thanks!

Chris

SINGER 111W155.JPG

THIS MACHINE IS LISTED ON CRAIGSLIST DAYTONA BEACH UNDER INDUSTRIAL SEWING MACHINE.

PROBABLY TO EXPENSIVE TO SHIP WITH TABLE, WHICH YOU COULD FIND IN NYC.  $425 WITHOUT TABLE PLUS

SHIPPING.   THESE THINGS WERE USD TO DEATH,  I HAVE A REALLY NICE ONE..  THIS IS THE MODEL WITH

THE STITCH LENGTH ADJUSTMENT ON THE BED. YOU JUST PUSH  THE BUTTON AND ROTATE. 

Hi, thanks for the offer, but I believe after buying a table, servo, and paying for shipping, id be in the price range of a more modern unit. Saw a couple 206rbs go for 500-600 with servo before I decided to buy a "real" machine. Kicking myself now :blush:

I have one in North Carolina, $300.00 plus shipping. Tables can be found many places, of course you need a servo motor- $125.00 Consew models, from amazon. These heads weigh about 60 pounds, you can calculate shipping, I will crate it.

Edited by DSloop
add

On 3/12/2019 at 8:30 PM, DSloop said:

I have one in North Carolina, $300.00 plus shipping. Tables can be found many places, of course you need a servo motor- $125.00 Consew models, from amazon. These heads weigh about 60 pounds, you can calculate shipping, I will crate it.

Where are you at in NC Sloop?!

I am looking for one . Need to replace my 111w154.  Mainly need a large bobbin machine for a lot of large work I have been doing . 

I cannot seem to find the large bobbin w155 manual for parts to convert it over so I may as well bite the bullet 

Thanks

Michael

I am near Gastonia, but someone is coming to look at the machine Monday. This is not a large bobbin machine. What is wrong with your 154? What parts do you need?

On 3/16/2019 at 10:54 PM, DSloop said:

I am near Gastonia, but someone is coming to look at the machine Monday. This is not a large bobbin machine. What is wrong with your 154? What parts do you need?

Just looking to convert it to a large bobbin. 

I just cannot seem to find a parts manual for a large bobbin to seek parts 

I have LU563 parts manuals but 

I sew a lot of boat covers with 25’+ seams.   Just easier to not stop in the middle with the G bobbins . 

3 hours ago, StitchCraftNC said:

Just looking to convert it to a large bobbin. 

I just cannot seem to find a parts manual for a large bobbin to seek parts 

I have LU563 parts manuals but 

I sew a lot of boat covers with 25’+ seams.   Just easier to not stop in the middle with the G bobbins . 

Please take it to private messaging. Rather not have my thread derailed

On 3/7/2019 at 10:51 PM, tofu said:

Maybe someone here can help

Its been 11 days, so probably not, then.

Personally, Tofu, although I am more familiar with UK prices for the machine you want, it seems that you are seeking a 'good quality local, with nobs and whistles' machine for 'have to travel and possibly minor refurb' machine costs. Otherwise someone may have had a reply for you.

Ebay, Craigslist and all of the others may have machines that people do not really know their worth, we tend to know what our machines are worth and are unlikely to have one sitting around that is suddenly available and ticks all of your boxes. I got one of my machines as a mis-listed eBay bargain, by looking through hundreds of adverts with fewer search terms.

Good luck, hope you get what you want.

Harry

Edited by hwinbermuda

8 minutes ago, hwinbermuda said:

Its been 11 days, so probably not, then.

Personally, Tofu, although I am more familiar with UK prices for the machine you want, it seems that you are seeking a 'good quality local, with nobs and whistles' machine for 'have to travel and possibly minor refurb' machine costs. Otherwise someone may have had a reply for you.

Ebay, Craigslist and all of the others may have machines that people do not really know their worth, we tend to know what our machines are worth and are unlikely to have one sitting around that is suddenly available and ticks all of your boxes. I got one of my machines as a mis-listed eBay bargain, by looking through hundreds of adverts with fewer search terms.

Good luck, hope you get what you want.

Harry

No, I'm looking for a local machine so I don't have to pay 40% of its value in crated shipping costs. Hence my thread title.

Unfortunately, it seems the thread has gone sour. I'll just continue my search on the usual channels. 

Thanks

Not sure how close you are but here are a few options.  Not singer 111 but both good walking foot machines. 

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/tls/d/ridgefield-park-singer-industrial/6842495208.html 

https://cnj.craigslist.org/for/d/brick-consew-206rb-3-commercial-sewing/6838237047.html

Edited by Tony11
adding info

That 211 is a solid deal.  Even the paint is in good condition.  I e-mailed the 206rb guy already a while ago asking if there are any apparent problems (since it's a 2 hour drive), but didn't get a reply.

On the bright side, I just found a Adler cylinder in PA for a steal of a price. I don't want to say too much for obvious reasons, but i'm going to see it soon :lol:.  

Thanks Tony!

I was going to offer to sell you a nice clean consew 225 i have that will be selling. I figured the cost to ship would be to much. Best of luck with the Adler and thanks for the link on how to package a machine. 

On 3/18/2019 at 1:09 PM, tofu said:

That 211 is a solid deal.  Even the paint is in good condition.  I e-mailed the 206rb guy already a while ago asking if there are any apparent problems (since it's a 2 hour drive), but didn't get a reply.

On the bright side, I just found a Adler cylinder in PA for a steal of a price. I don't want to say too much for obvious reasons, but i'm going to see it soon :lol:.  

Thanks Tony!

i have (2) adler cylinder arms.   they are just the head and may need some parts...   i bought them and never ended up getting a table for them.. i think it is a adler 69

are you interested?

i live about 20 miles from nyc

Edited by beltbuckles