DoWhat

New from Central Ohio

Hello there.  I've been coming to this forum for awhile to obtain information, just recently joined.  I started doing leather work about 7 yrs ago as a way to keep busy during the winter months when it's too cold to horse ride.  My husband signed me up for Tandy class to learn the basics.  Mostly bc he wanted me to make him stuff.  First up was a pommel bag with a gun holster & phone carrier inside the bag, then saddle bags, all to match his saddle.  I decided I needed saddle bags to match my saddle & then I made us chinks.  When I came up with a pattern for a beverage holder that attached to his saddle, I started getting requests to make some for friends.  It has slowly progressed to other things as well; belts, phone cases, jewelry, cowboy cuffs.  Just recently completed a cover for my son that's in the Marines to hold his Samsung tablet & paper notepad.  I have benefitted from my husband's wood working skills & he's made my stitching pony, wood templates for phone cases, & my tool caddy.

FB_IMG_1552056474493.jpg

FB_IMG_1552056484578.jpg

Edited by DoWhat

It looks like all the other photos I wanted to share are too large.  :o

7 minutes ago, DoWhat said:

My husband signed me up for Tandy class to learn the basics.  Mostly bc he wanted me to make him stuff.

:o  I resemble that remark.

Still, that's some stuff I kin admire -- good lookin' AND useful.  I aint much time for that "purdy stuff" that just sits on a shelf somewhere - gimme the stuff that has a purpose.  Fer a saddle, I mighta give it sumthin to tie down with, but there's still time, and it sure looks like you kin do 'er ;)  Nice color, too.

Good work - keep 'em comin'.

There are tie downs for the saddle bags to the back girth.

He also got a nifty pair of cowboy cuffs.  :cowboy:

finally got photos to load.......

leather_0001.jpg

53501944_578440659322091_6082290405490032640_n.jpg

leather_0002.jpg

54433300_2662760690465519_3545061131330519040_n.jpg

53456089_2215471445158697_1155410983615725568_n.jpg

leather_0003.jpg

What part of Ohio are you from? I hail from Avon, 20 minutes west of Cleveland.

Benny