bikermutt07

I Can't Find Them, Have You?

I cannot seem to figure out how to even search for these....

Every time I try I wind up finding tape measures or clips already on a product.

I just want a source for the actual clip for the tape to hook onto in the picture.

4602D46B-86A3-4F4F-8315-0FB9C20912AD.jpeg

Item #L-1191-NP

This is available at Ohio Travel Bag, it is a bit larger than what you are looking at on the image you supplied.  
I recall this being a question that came up within the past couple of years and I think there was a thread on it somewhere here in the forums, just can't remember where though.
Sorry couldn't be of more help for you.

Yes it came up recently.  Some surmised it is proprietary, at least the one in the other thread.  Yeah, try OTB.

3 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

I just want a source for the actual clip for the tape to hook onto in the picture.

Found these on ETSY, at AP Saddlery Custom Leather Work, located in Pine Grove, Louisiana. Perhaps the shop owner can give you a lead. Good luck.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/APddlery?ref=l2-shop-info-avatar&listing_id=547522791

il_794xN.1303934973_gg1a.jpg

Thanks guys.

@bikermutt07 You seem like a handy sorta guy -- if you only need a few why not make your own? Then you'll have total control over material, size and finish. Common tools should do it -- buy a strip of the cross-section and material you want. Cut to length with a pair of tinsnip shears, centre punch and step drill the holes, bend in the vice. Round and deburr the ends with whatever you got -- file, belt grinder, a lump of sandstone...

IIRC you're a cabinetmaker, right? Perhaps you could snaffle some steel pallet banding from work if you want something free, or maybe a junked steel rule for a cool look.

11 minutes ago, Matt S said:

@bikermutt07 You seem like a handy sorta guy -- if you only need a few why not make your own? Then you'll have total control over material, size and finish. Common tools should do it -- buy a strip of the cross-section and material you want. Cut to length with a pair of tinsnip shears, centre punch and step drill the holes, bend in the vice. Round and deburr the ends with whatever you got -- file, belt grinder, a lump of sandstone...

IIRC you're a cabinetmaker, right? Perhaps you could snaffle some steel pallet banding from work if you want something free, or maybe a junked steel rule for a cool look.

I'm just a field carpenter, not a cabinet maker.

I'm thinking I probably shouldn't venture into another hobby.

I already have a leather habit, a shoe thing developing, minor woodworking, and I like hats.

I don't think I need to add metal working into the mix.

I imagine no more than I need I'll probably just Rob them from something else. I have a few laying around on items I don't use. The notebook was a freebie from a co-worker that never used it.

3 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

I'm thinking I probably shouldn't venture into another hobby. I don't think I need to add metal working into the mix.

I imagine no more than I need I'll probably just Rob them from something else. I have a few laying around on items I don't use. The notebook was a freebie from a co-worker that never used it.

That's about typical -- someone needs something, I overthink it, and overlook the most practical and appropriate solution! :lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Matt S said:

That's about typical -- someone needs something, I overthink it, and overlook the most practical and appropriate solution! :lol::lol::lol:

The reason I was asking was for if I wanted to produce aprons, vests, or tool pouches. I would need a smallish quantity. And every search has come up a dead end.

6 hours ago, LatigoAmigo said:

Well that is cheap enough to buy the whole thing and discard the nylon in a pinch. Thanks.