Van504

Tips for knocking out this pattern?

Hello, I recently purchased this pattern http://www.leathercraftpattern.com/leather-downloadable-patterns/Leather-bag-patterns/leather-backpack-satchel-pattern-pdf-download-ACC-101 and while they did come with patterns for all pieces involved, I have a question in regards to construction.  This is one of the first bags I'll be making; in the past I have made tote bags by cutting out one piece, sewing inside out and then turning it right side out.  However this pattern has a separate back, front and bottom.  Any makers out there with experience making bags have any recs on how I can tackle this pattern? If I have a bottom, back and front what would be the best step by step of connecting these three pieces? Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Van504 said:

cutting out one piece, sewing inside out and then turning it right side out.  However this pattern has a separate back, front and bottom.

No reason why you cannot sew these pieces together inside out, then turn the bag in the right way.

I would suggest sewing back and front to the bottom 1st, then sew in the ends. Then turn the bag in the right way.

Edited by Rockoboy