Bant

New From SE Georgia

Howdy Folks!  I'm, obviously, a new guy.  Just wanted to briefly introduce myself.  I'm a Vet and retired Federal law enforcement officer.  I've never done any leather work to write home about, mostly sheaths, belts, etc. for myself and friends.  I joined after finding a search for a stitching horse that led me to this sight.  The one I'm interested in is almost identical to the one I learned things on.  It was my Grandfathers, and is long since gone.  Anyway, this is the one I referring to:

image.png.87764e248ba728f7062cec0bab78a352.png

The Gentleman that built and posted it (back in 2015, as I recall) made reference to the plans having been in a "Harness Makers" book with a copyright date of 1929.  I've been beating my head against the wall trying to find the book, to no avail.  Hopefully one of You Folks can point me in the right direction.  Other than that, I'm looking forward to learning and interacting if I have something germane to say.

BantOZ

Edited by BantOZ
Forgot to proof read before submitting

where are u in Georgia? I am in Griffin

19 hours ago, cowhide said:

where are u in Georgia? I am in Griffin

Brunswick.  Came here on a 3 year assignment.  That was in 1988, Ya might say I like it .  Cowhide, I've contemplated making a post to include the thread where I found the above pic.  I have two issues about that; (1) some forums get a bit touchy when Folks drag up and old thread and (2) I really don't know which part of the forum to make the post in.  Any thoughts?

BantOZ