alpine luddite

leather buckled straps for bike bags

Hi,

I'm working on reproducing some vintage bicycle bags that use leather straps to attach to the handlebars. While I do sew some leather, I don't own the tools to make the straps. they are 5/8' x 8" with a riveted roller buckle. I need 12 straps.

you can see my sewing work at www.alpineluddites.com

thanks

IMG_7105.HEIC

That .heic image file requires a special, non-standard codec to open it. Can you re-upload the image as a .jpg or .png file?

the upper straps are what I'm after.

Thanks

s-l1600 (4).jpg

2 hours ago, alpine luddite said:

Hi,

I'm working on reproducing some vintage bicycle bags that use leather straps to attach to the handlebars. While I do sew some leather, I don't own the tools to make the straps. they are 5/8' x 8" with a riveted roller buckle. I need 12 straps.

thanks

IMG_7105.HEIC

s-l1600 (4).jpg

8 hours ago, alpine luddite said:

Hi,

thanks

IMG_7105.HEIC

Those straps are about as basic as basic can be and really don't require any special tools whatsoever.  Could be made with a utility knife.  For holes, a scratch awl could work in a pinch.  So you are wanting someone to make them for you?  That's what I got out of your message, but it wasn't entirely clear to me.  The roller buckles are easily sourced.  The leather appears to be prefinished and was left rough on the back and edges, so not a lot of work there.