I need some help.  I'm going to be running the Leatherworking Merit Badge classes at our BSA Summer Camp this year.  The council has about 2,000 rounders so I guess that is going to be one project for them to do. 

I hate the standard flower pattern that is always used at Tandy so I want to have a bunch of patterns for the kids to choose from.

The kids will each have the following:

Swivel Knife

Stylus

A104

B200

C431

P206

S724

V407

V707

X511

Plus appropriate tools to use the above items.

A large variety of 3D stamps and alphabets

Guidelines for the challenges:

Photograph each step of tooling.  

After completing the final tooling and photographing, any finish of your choice (that is available from Tandy) can be applied.

Designs can be as simple or complex as you want but remember we are dealing with ages 11 to 17.

Email me the patterns and photos.  And, I would like you to send me a finished piece and I will make a display of them.  Put your name on the back of each submission.

Dale Prezgay

4800 Crimson Glory Lane

Las Vegas, NV  89130

dprezgay@yahoo.com

Please include your name, business name, email, website, list of tools used, finish and finish technique used and any other important info needed to complete the design.

NOTE:  The patterns submitted are intended for use in leatherworking training.  However, I would like to put together a PDF about how to run a Leatherworking Merit Badge class and include patterns and photos of the items you submit.  Giving proper credit, of course.

Here are the Challenges:

Feel free to do more than one of the challenges, but please do at least #1.

#1.  Create a pattern for a 3.25" Rounder using 1 or more of the above listed tools only. 

#2.  Create a pattern for a 3.25" Rounder using any Craftool stamps.

#3.  Create a pattern for a 3.25" Rounder using only a swivel knife.  

#4.  Anything goes - Create a pattern for a 3.25" Rounder using any leather stamps and tools from any maker.  Any boarder, lacing, stitching, etc.  This is a chance to really show off.  

#5  Key FOB, wristband and bookmark designs using the criteria from Challenges #1 to #4.

Also post photos here as I'm sure everyone else wants to see them too.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dale

Please close this post