I never order belly leather.  Spongey, stretchy, not firm and doesn't hold shape well.

BUT that could be said for bellies NOT ON COWS, eh? :o  Few months ago, the wench wife bought me a gym membership. Couple weeks ago, she showed up with new athletic shoes, just happen to be my size :blush: 

Fine.  Winter in the north is a bit stifling and I like to get out the chair anyway.  Plus, I'm WAY too cheap to pay for a gym membership and then not use it :ranting2:

So after talking with a girl yesterday who sent me some rather 'racey' pics showing her weight loss "journey", I took a couple myself.  Truth be told, I DO have a bit of 'belly leather' that could be trimmed.  Consider it the "before" pic ... 

ANYBODY ELSE? (Nate, not you kid ;) ).

20190310_145859.jpgClick to enlarge, just remember that when the pic enlarges, the belly enlarges... you dun been warned ;)

OH .. to be clear, I'm doing this  because it's a good idea .. NOT because of pics of some girl in her underpants :blush:

And that's my left arm hanging, phone in right  hand. Happens with pics in the bath mirror (note: observation is 9/10 of the law -- note backwards lettering on the free shirt).

Edited by JLSleather

5 hours ago, JLSleather said:

ANYBODY ELSE

As a query, not to get more photos of you...

Is this a challenge/camaraderie shout out?

If so I may be part of a world wide leatherworker.net weight loss team.

If not, maybe just chaw down on more cake. But all encouragement from me.

H

Wife on about hitting the gym (me, not her :o ).  Then she bought the membership.  Then she bought teh shoes.  Then some girl sent me pics ..... uh... inspirational stuff ....

Guess nobody else needs to tighten up a bit... :whistle:

18 minutes ago, hwinbermuda said:

Is this a challenge/camaraderie shout out?

If so I may be part of a world wide leatherworker.net weight loss team.

No photos, but I will join in for non nagging support, my belly leather would upholster a muscle car.

support is always good ;)

I Win!91CC5DAF-5DA3-4D23-BBA2-D38E94B9245C.jpeg

2ABCC35C-E744-4102-9C3B-CFE11C26B1DC.jpeg

8 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

I Win!

2ABCC35C-E744-4102-9C3B-CFE11C26B1DC.jpeg

:cheers:

:yeah:

:clapping:

:thumbsup:

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:00 AM, bikermutt07 said:

I Win!

You did!! Well done. I could afford to lose a few lot ... (is 20 a lot?) of kilos.

4 minutes ago, Rockoboy said:

You did!! Well done. I could afford to lose a few lot ... (is 20 a lot?) of kilos.

Not sure about kilos.... I'm down 102 pounds in 8 months.

Just now, bikermutt07 said:

I'm down 102 pounds in 8 months.

Ummm ... That is over 46 kilograms! YOU ARE THE KING!! Well done!

36 minutes ago, Rockoboy said:

Ummm ... That is over 46 kilograms! YOU ARE THE KING!! Well done!

Thanks

2 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Not sure about kilos.... I'm down 102 pounds in 8 months.

Wow. Great work.

H

I started down the path just over a year ago, I guess.  I was at 220 lbs/100 kilos and felt generally miserable.  I'm down to 185 lbs / 84 kilos and life is generally so much better. Clothes are more comfortable, my knees don't bother me anymore and I even sleep better.  Didn't join a gym, but I did buy a secondhand dip/pull-up tower in an effort to firm up the details.   It was all diet, though I'm pledging to be more active now that the weather in my hemisphere is starting to warm up.  No photo evidence of my transition, I'm afraid.  I shun the camera's eye at all times. 

Good on you, @JLSleather.  Make it happen.  "Decide what to be, and go be it" as the Avett Brothers say in their song. 

@bikermutt07, MERCY SAKES ALIVE! (as my grandma used to say)  No contest, amigo.  You win.

@GRod I don't think I got 35 lbs to shed, actually, but 15 and harden it could happen ;)

@bikermutt07 Great work.  I'm guessin' that 100 lbs for me means ..  maybe remove one leg at the hip and one arm at the elbow?  :dunno:

1 hour ago, JLSleather said:

@GRod I don't think I got 35 lbs to shed, actually, but 15 and harden it could happen ;)

@bikermutt07 Great work.  I'm guessin' that 100 lbs for me means ..  maybe remove one leg at the hip and one arm at the elbow?  :dunno:

I was a big'un.

On 3/13/2019 at 5:49 AM, GRod said:

I started down the path just over a year ago, I guess.  I was at 220 lbs/100 kilos and felt generally miserable.  I'm down to 185 lbs / 84 kilos and life is generally so much better. Clothes are more comfortable, my knees don't bother me anymore and I even sleep better.  Didn't join a gym, but I did buy a secondhand dip/pull-up tower in an effort to firm up the details.   It was all diet, though I'm pledging to be more active now that the weather in my hemisphere is starting to warm up.  No photo evidence of my transition, I'm afraid.  I shun the camera's eye at all times. 

Good on you, @JLSleather.  Make it happen.  "Decide what to be, and go be it" as the Avett Brothers say in their song. 

@bikermutt07, MERCY SAKES ALIVE! (as my grandma used to say)  No contest, amigo.  You win.

You SAY you shun the camera's eye, but then I look at your avatar! Oh, wait, maybe that's a drawing. I see.

My sister-in-lay in Chicagoland just told me she's lost 14lbs since the first of the year, so now that she's shamed me, I have to get busy too. Need to lose 22lbs to get back to where I was a year ago. It's retirement, I'm telling you, it's not my fault.

Jeff

You guys are entertaining.   I think Jeff's all giddy because he's got a hottie sending him almost naked pictures. :wub::thumbsup:

@JLSleather and @bikermutt07 ... BOTH are great stories- one at the end and one just beginning...

JLS- I'll bite and take the challenge! Pics after work tonight- Im at the same space except the wife joined the gym too! 

You guys are entertaining. I think Jeff's all giddy because he's got a hottie sending him almost naked pictures. :wub::thumbsup:

And now I have sprayed single malt all over my moustaches, beard and keyboard..
Near naked ?
Looked entirely naked to me..anonymous..but "butt" naked..
We may not be thinking ( mind bleach ) about the same thread though.. Which "Jeff" are we referring to..?

Do we need an independent judge of this lady's nakedness? Cos I'd volunteer for that chore. Purely in the interests of Leatherworker.net harmony you understand.

Lady ?..
Apparently we are not talking about the same thread..

18 minutes ago, mikesc said:

Lady ?..
Apparently we are not talking about the same thread..

On 3/11/2019 at 2:16 PM, JLSleather said:

...talking with a girl yesterday who sent me some rather 'racey' pics ...

On 3/11/2019 at 2:32 PM, JLSleather said:

...I'm doing this  because it's a good idea .. NOT because of pics of some girl in her underpants :blush:

On 3/11/2019 at 8:20 PM, JLSleather said:

...some girl sent me pics ..... uh... inspirational stuff ....

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick? :dunno:

This the thread
https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/85168-its-official/?tab=comments#comment-577265
that I thought Big Sioux Saddlery was talking about re

I think Jeff's all giddy because he's got a hottie sending him almost naked picture

as for

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick? :dunno:

the "stick" I cannot see..nor do I want to..still less get hold of any end of it, nor touch it in any way..

22 minutes ago, mikesc said:

the "stick" I cannot see..nor do I want to..still less get hold of any end of it, nor touch it in any way..

I take it you're not a habitual visitor to Thailand then Mike? ;) :lol: Friend of mine had a 24 hour shore leave there once. There was a... misunderstanding by two of his shipmates. They did get the wrong end of a stick.