Wife is 5'2" 42kg ..Vietnamese/Breton/Polynesienne..Gorgeous..Female..stickless..always has been.. :)
I* cook Thai food..amongst many other sorts..
We'd maybe go for a holiday, ( Thailand ) one day..( we have friends who live there ), but,other places to visit/revisit first..avoiding the "shore leave" parts..

*I'm 6'2" ..100 - 105 kgs ( summer weight / winter weight )..
There will be no pictures, of either of us..we don't "do" (anti)social media..no FB/twitter/linkedin/ G+ etc..

Edited by mikesc
edited to add "Female" just to avoid any "misunderstandings"/"issues"..

5 hours ago, mikesc said:

And now I have sprayed single malt all over my moustaches, beard and keyboard..
Near naked ?
Looked entirely naked to me..anonymous..but "butt" naked..
We may not be thinking ( mind bleach ) about the same thread though.. Which "Jeff" are we referring to..?

The only thread I know of that Jeff (JLS) talks about some cutie sending him weight loss pictures, this one.  I didn't see mention of any completely naked pictures.

Not wanting to toss further pics to the mix- JLS has a good goal and his *motivation... Risque can be quite the motivator- but there again- its all a matter of perception!

Took the pics- will hold off posting as the maritime rescue team will try to hose me down and keep me wet till they can get me off-shore... 

Go BikerMutt! JLS- you got some competition!

If you want to do a 90 day challenge let me know- Im in for it

What the .. ?@!@$#@!

iN A search for recipes, I found a bunch of folks supposedly sharing what they eat to stay healthy.  One gal (or according to this thread, perhaps one them DUDES who says its a girl?@!) records her weight loss "progress" .. in TENTHS OF A POUND.  What is that? I got a drink of water, better hit the scales ... :o

20 hours ago, JLSleather said:

What the .. ?@!@$#@!

iN A search for recipes, I found a bunch of folks supposedly sharing what they eat to stay healthy.  One gal (or according to this thread, perhaps one them DUDES who says its a girl?@!) records her weight loss "progress" .. in TENTHS OF A POUND.  What is that? I got a drink of water, better hit the scales ... :o

My scale is not that good. I weigh in once or twice a week. The body is a weird machine. Weight fluctuates all throughout the day.

When I weigh in it is first thing when I wake up after taking a leak.

Even just an hour later will show an extra pound or two.

20 hours ago, JLSleather said:

in TENTHS OF A POUND

You're lucky. Our medics have gone metric, I don't know if I am 280 pounds or 16 litres :crazy:

I really don't like waist measurements in millimeters (25.4 x the number of inches) it may be accurate, but its scary big numbers.

Why would you measure in 1/10 of a lb, which is 45.3 grams.

Wow she is checking off 0.035% of my bodyweight (that is 1 / 2857).

If I could shed that per week, it would take 15 years losing that amount per week to get to my (still overweight) target weight.

I reckon I could do that in half the time, at 1/5 pound per week.

H

ps happy to PM picture of me in a mankini to scare youall into not using a computer anymore.:jawdropper:

Maybe that's her exercise plan.. step on the scale, step off the scale, step on the scale... :o 

* Women :rolleyes2: SO concerned about what the scale says.  Unless I'm scheduled for a weigh in for the prize fight - which isn't likely - I aint concerned with a few lbs one way or the other.

* Note it's not just women, either.  Men have those "vanity size" clothes too.  Hey, Jeff - I need a 32 belt. Sure ya do ...

7 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

Hey, Jeff - I need a 32 belt. Sure ya do ... 

A really good friend wanted a 34 belt, I gently suggested maybe a bit more... and sent 2 ways to measure.

Came back with 34.. so I made it. He tried it on and has asked for a 37.

When I suggested he measured wrongly he said 'well that is my jeans size!'

Belt was a gift for Xmas so I needed to remake and then sell the original.

Sheesh

1 hour ago, hwinbermuda said:

A really good friend wanted a 34 belt, I gently suggested maybe a bit more... and sent 2 ways to measure.

Came back with 34.. so I made it. He tried it on and has asked for a 37.

Belt was a gift for Xmas so I needed to remake and then sell the original.

Sheesh

I fight that same battle every day. You give them seven ways to accurately size a belt, over two or three emails, and they come back with something totally off the wall. I really do try to make it simple, but the the ability to reason and follow simple directions escapes many people.

Jeff

I salute the good effort and especially the fact you didn't take you picture in the toilet. Sometimes I wonder how far have we gone as a society when women try to be attractive by taking pictures in the toilet?!?

14 minutes ago, LetterT said:

I salute the good effort and especially the fact you didn't take you picture in the toilet. Sometimes I wonder how far have we gone as a society when women try to be attractive by taking pictures in the toilet?!?

Rule 34

3 hours ago, alpha2 said:

I fight that same battle every day. You give them seven ways to accurately size a belt, over two or three emails, and they come back with something totally off the wall. I really do try to make it simple, but the the ability to reason and follow simple directions escapes many people.

Jeff

Just went through this with a customer.  Could NOT get it through her head that simply giving me the jeans size is not a reliable measurement to make a belt that fits. . .a name belt no less.  Sometimes I wonder what it's like in other people's heads??

4 hours ago, hwinbermuda said:

Boy, do I know that one!  I offer a "template" belt, made from teh same thickness of leather the "real" one will be made from.  I sewed it with half a dozen colors of various threads, at 5, 6, 7, and 8 stitches per inch.  SURELY you can pick one you like from that.. since you can see the ACTUAL THREAD that will be used.

People didn't want to return it, so I started charging $10.  That doesn't pay for the leather, much less the shipping (shipping is $8.20 now) but it does tend to weed out some of the "talkers".  Deal is, you pay $10 for the measuring "tape", and when you order the belt I"ll take the $10 off the price of the new belt.  So I'm still out $20 (leather and shipping) and a bit of time, but it's clear the belt size you want.

Never had one order the wrong size since I started that.  But I HAVE had people say "no, no - not necessary, I understand you don't take returns on tooled belts and THAT IS THE SIZE I want".  Then, on TWO occasions, someone who REFUSED to take the "measure" belt then contacted me to say the belt they ordered didn't fit.  The first one I took it back anyway, gave a full refund, and when the belt came back I cut it into 4 pieces and threw it in the trash.  No, ma'am, I would NOT like to make you another belt "now that you know".  Thanks anyway.  Cutting that belt up was basically so I would never forget to not do that again.  If you don't order the "measure" belt, then sizing issues are YOUR fault and YOUR responsibility.  If it's a plain black, or brown, or tan, whatever.. send it back without muckin' it up and I'll send you a different one for the cost of the shipping.  Tooled, or otherwise customized, and it's yours - so let's do it right the first time.

PANTS SIZE?  I have jeans that say 34 I can't get on any more.  AND I also have jeans that say 34 that would drop off if I don't wear a belt (the belt is NOT a 34).

The PANTS SIZE is exactly the size you DON"T need.  Anybody ever see a piece of PVC pipe?  Get the 3".  IT's 3". Says 3" right one it.  Now, put another pipe over that.  Still want to say you need 3"? ;)

7 minutes ago, Big Sioux Saddlery said:

Sometimes I wonder what it's like in other people's heads??

Seriously, even I don't want to know what its like in mine.

:crazy:

H

Not dropping loads of weight as yet,  but I do seem to be getting some of the vascularity back... so must be leanin' up a tad?  Scale aint moved much just yet ...

20190328_123249.jpgThe goal is to lose about 20 lbs (turns out 15 isn't quite enough after getting on an actual scale) and to increase fitness until I basically look like something from invasion of the body snatchers --- like "before" ...

If the gymwork is toning, then that's all good too, well done.

2019_0412.jpg

Are we winning yet?

5 eggs scrambled, with chopped jalepeno and red onion, dribbled sriracha chili sauce.

Yeah, I know half a dozen is an even number, but I woulda hadda reach in fridge and open next carton, so .... 5 is the new 6 ;)

I think this i  a great thread!  I've personally watched @bikermutt07 lose over 100lbs, back then I was the "skinny one"...lol.  But as we know life happens and we lose focus on one thing and zero in on another.  I'm in the process of retiring after 23+ yrs in the USAF, so focus has been getting a real job...lol.  I'm on terminal leave now, and enjoying time off with the kiddos over the summer months, but also notice I've picked up 20-30 lbs since my last pt test.  What's worse is I pay a membership for the YMCA that is obviously being squandered, that money could've been spent on leather if i'm not using it...so back to it.  I was 270lbs at the start of July, I'm down to 258lbs this morning, and want to get back to where I was in December at 225lbs.  

Official retirement date is 1 Sep 2019, my goal is to be back to ~235lbs by then...I think it's definitely possible.  I have destressed as I have a job lined up starting in Aug, and have been getting to some projects that I've been putting off.  

How is everyone else doing so far?

Fergot about this thread, actually.  After several months of hitting the gym I have lost

:trumpet:

About 4 pounds :showoff:

29 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

Fergot about this thread, actually.  After several months of hitting the gym I have lost

About 4 pounds :showoff:

That is not always a bad thing...I do have a "target weight", but if i'm not at that exact weight, but I fit into a certain pair of jeans that haven't been worn for a couple years then i don't really care.  If you feel better and your overall health is improved, weight is just a number.

20 minutes ago, koreric75 said:

weight is just a number.

Yup, I'm already past that.  Aint too worried about the number on the scale.. long as its honest weight.  And aint too concerned about the number on the barbell, long as its legit effort.

Now I'm up to trying to tell myself AGE is "just a number". ;)

1 hour ago, JLSleather said:

Now I'm up to trying to tell myself AGE is "just a number". ;)

Unfortunately, that can work for or against ya, depending on the miles! 

6 hours ago, koreric75 said:

I think this i  a great thread!  I've personally watched @bikermutt07 lose over 100lbs, back then I was the "skinny one"...lol.  But as we know life happens and we lose focus on one thing and zero in on another.  I'm in the process of retiring after 23+ yrs in the USAF, so focus has been getting a real job...lol.  I'm on terminal leave now, and enjoying time off with the kiddos over the summer months, but also notice I've picked up 20-30 lbs since my last pt test.  What's worse is I pay a membership for the YMCA that is obviously being squandered, that money could've been spent on leather if i'm not using it...so back to it.  I was 270lbs at the start of July, I'm down to 258lbs this morning, and want to get back to where I was in December at 225lbs.  

Official retirement date is 1 Sep 2019, my goal is to be back to ~235lbs by then...I think it's definitely possible.  I have destressed as I have a job lined up starting in Aug, and have been getting to some projects that I've been putting off.  

How is everyone else doing so far?

Yep, most all of it was gone in 6 months. I have been fighting the last 20 pounds every since. :rolleyes2:

But, I can live around 200.

10 hours ago, Clintock said:

All y’all talking bout losing weight and I’m over here gaining bout a pound a day....

All that easy livin' ;)

On 4/1/2019 at 7:14 PM, JLSleather said:

20190328_123249.jpg

I DIDN"T NOTICE it when I took the pic, but now I think it looks a  bit like I was fixin'a go fer m' shootin' iron...

Edited by JLSleather