GeneH

Used straight or round knife on a budget - brands?

6 hours ago, Chakotay said:

I'm a little late on this topic, but may I suggest some of the various wood carving knives from Pfeil?

Better late than never. Ugh, did I just say that?  

Thanks for pitching in - I have a couple Preil carving chisels - good tools. I might consider that carving knife you pictured for the smaller curves that give me trouble with the larger knife. I'm pretty sure I don't have enough edged tools sitting around.

This is the other knife I got.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153135279469

I have probably more knives than I will ever need now.

4 knipknives

3 Kevin Lee

Almost 2 Wuta knives

1 Sorrell skiving knife

1 Sorrell Lip knife

2 more knipknives on order.

But, then again, in all of this I only have one round/head knife???

Hhhhhmmmmmmm maybe I need more than one?

40 minutes ago, GeneH said:

I paid $35 for the knife and $8 shipping. Weird.  Maybe your order was just big enough to qualify for free shipping.

Now you will have a pair of left hand knives and a right hand and a little hawkbill? Cool. Always a sharp one handy. I'm able to use my right hand knife left-handed. I did not specify left or right when I ordered.

I also have his tiny pattern knife. I bought it used from a member here.

I'm late on this thread, but I have to add to it. I'm still waiting on pricking irons ordered from Kevin Lee on april16. I have emailed twice with no response and I'm waiting on them for a big job. I'm about to oder crimson hides irons and get a refund from PayPal from Kevin lee. Has anyone else had this experience with Kevin Lee?

33 minutes ago, Genzale said:

I'm late on this thread, but I have to add to it. I'm still waiting on pricking irons ordered from Kevin Lee on april16. I have emailed twice with no response and I'm waiting on them for a big job. I'm about to oder crimson hides irons and get a refund from PayPal from Kevin lee. Has anyone else had this experience with Kevin Lee?

My knives took awhile to get here, but he always responded quickly to emails.