kmsirmons

Soft lowers

Does anyone have experience making soft lowers for a motorcycle? I have a 2018 Deluxe with engine guard, and Harley wants $95 for a pair of nylon lowers. They don't have to be fancy, no studs, fringes etc. they are used mainly for colder weather.  But they also help in wet weather, and keeping rocks and june bugs from creating bruises on my legs. Not pretty. 

Appreciate any advice, TIA!

I made a pair for my Indian out of leather. I made a template around the inside of my “highway” bars. Have not installed them yet, trying to figure out how to attach. Snaps, paracord etc..

On 3/17/2019 at 11:36 AM, Bubblehead said:

I made a pair for my Indian out of leather. I made a template around the inside of my “highway” bars. Have not installed them yet, trying to figure out how to attach. Snaps, paracord etc..

I watched a youtube and think I may follow this. they had holes that followed the pattern of the bars, then added grommets. had one pair per side and laced them on. I would think with kangaroo lace it would be strong enough to last a while and not stretch out.  I would think the less metal near the bike the better. Now its just a matter of what the best leather to use for the chaps themselves. 

also working on a way to attach a tail bag to a luggage rack on my bike, easier said than done. I have the four points on the fender frame I can wrap a loop around with a clasp to the bike, but i have limited width for the leather, and how to attach the leather to the clasps? 

I am still working out how to attach. Keeping metal away is a good idea. Since I'm new here, I will have to figure out how to upload pictures.:huh: