Tony11

Pfaff 545 H-3

For sale is a Pfaff 545 H3. This is a top loaded big bobbin machine.This machine needs absolutely nothing i just had it serviced as you can see in some of the pictures. Took it to a sewing machine mechanic that adjusted the timing cleaned it and added new grease. This machine is already set up with a NEW servo motor for more control. There are some paint chips but is in perfect working order. These old German machine are built to last forever. I located in the great Los Angeles area and would prefer to sell locally as i have never shipped something this size before. Asking $950 any questions feel free to ask. Will be selling this machine and a few more as i now need a cylinder arm machine.

20190309_164934-1008x756.jpg

20190309_164929-1008x756.jpg

20190309_164848-1008x756.jpg

20190308_150251-1008x756.jpg

20190308_150322-1008x756.jpg

20190309_165128-1008x756.jpg

Edited by Tony11

Will consider shipping head only if i can figure out what service to use.

Double box it and use UPS. I ship heavy espresso machines that are far more fragile and they arrive fine. B)

Thanks for the info. Is there a certain method you use? I watched a video by Alexander Dyer where he builds a create box. Do you know the average cost?

Double boxing is key. Make sure everything in the interior box is tight.  If the object moves around, it's going to pulverize anything you used as padding. If all you have are flimsy boxes, make sure to fold and attach extra cardboard to the sides for reinforcement. 

Crating is the best option of course, but it really drives the labor and cost of shipping up  -- sometimes it just isn't worth it unless the customer insists. 

Always purchase insurance. 

The best guide to how to pack , crate a sewing machine for shipping comes from Uwe..

I suggest you read all the comments....

Especially the first line of Gregg's.. :)

I can hardly believe my life has come to me viewing online pics of a sewing crate with real, genuine interest.

Welcome to "the club"..

Edited by mikesc

Nice thanks for the link Great info.

Will take reasonable offers. Need to sell to buy a cylinder arm. Also willing to trade for a cylinder  arm or a kwikprint hot stamper.

This item has been sold dont know how to delete it.

Mostly these kind of threads get left up, they are good reference for anyone else who might be looking at any time in the future at a similar machine from someone else.