I did some tooling the other day and it's not the best. But I decided to make a project out of it anyway. A small spiral pocket not book cover. I drew the pattern and carved it and added figer carving on the inside for fun. Always open to comment and critique. I hope you like it. 

Stats: 4/5 oz wickett Craig russet for body lining and pocket. Finished with dark brown wax antique by indelible leather finishes and edges done with their burnishing compound. Hand stitched with.8mm Tig thread Havana color. 

FB_IMG_1552711469146.jpg

FB_IMG_1552711472592.jpg

FB_IMG_1552711476716.jpg

FB_IMG_1552711465327.jpg

Stetson - I like it!  

I have a question and a comment:

Does it fit in a shirt pocket?  Seems that 3 layers of 4-5 oz plus the pocket notebook makes for a pretty thick package to put in your shirt pocket!

I think a lighter (thinner) thread would be more visually appealing - just my opinion.  

Anyway, nice job and gives me some motivation to try freehanding some designs.

Gary

3 hours ago, garypl said:

Does it fit in a shirt pocket?  Seems that 3 layers of 4-5 oz plus the pocket notebook makes for a pretty thick package to put in your shirt pocket

It fits nicely in a shirt pocket actually. It isn't as this as you would think. But I would agree. I didn't have any 2/3 oz to line with or I would have used that haha. 

Give it a shot with your own design. It is fun

I like the tooling! Looks great

29 minutes ago, SilverForgeStudio said:

I like the tooling! Looks great

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Your finger carving is awesome, and the tooling looks great too!  Thanks for sharing!

YinTx

Carefully what you write in there - somebody's going to swipe it! Very practical. Carving looks great.

18 hours ago, YinTx said:

Your finger carving is awesome, and the tooling looks great too!  Thanks for sharing!

YinTx

Thanks, I had some examples from a workshop with Jim that I used for the finger carving. Still needs work but overall it's an improvement for me. And inspired me to go about drawing my own patterns now. 

16 hours ago, Riem said:

Carefully what you write in there - somebody's going to swipe it! Very practical. Carving looks great.

Thanks! Its already been swiped by my dad haha. I just need to send it to him lol. 

18 hours ago, YinTx said:

YinTx

Thanks, I had some examples from a workshop with Jim that I used for the finger carving. Still needs work but overall it's an improvement for me. And inspired me to go about drawing my own patterns now. 

16 hours ago, Riem said:

Thanks! Its already been swiped by my dad haha. I just need to send it to him lol.