I had a customer ask for a custom set of suspenders. And he want it to have a holster under one arm and 2 spare mags on the other. He does not want a chest strap and wants to have the holster an mags detachable so he can have just to suspenders. 

I have tried to make patterns and I basically am lost. Any and all help will be deeply appreciated.

Seriously... tell him to sketch what he thinks he is asking for as starting point for your construction design.

Probably seen something in a video game / movie..( Mad Max ( 1,2 or 3 ) ? )

Thinks "that'd be cool"..

Props or costumes are not "real life"..

Does n't mean it can't be done..

Does n't mean it can be done..

Does n't sound very "practical"..

The "weight" is going to be hanging off / supported by what ..suspenders have "stretch" in them, but they are already taking the weight of the trousers ( pants for those on the left side of the pond ) add the gun and the mags( and the weight of the "rig" ) suspenders are going to have to be pretty powerful, take the weight of the rig and the gun and the mags off, the suspenders are likely to pull the pants up so tight , they'll geld him, or he'll be able to sing soprano while he's wearing them..

The lack of a chest strap is the least of your worries, work out the total weight divide by two..then hang that from each side of a pair of suspenders..you'll see what I mean..

Get paid "up front" for wasting your time trying to design some person's fantasy..then get paid "up front" for making it..when it proves to be impractical , which it will..don't give any refunds..

Nope, file type .HEIC does n't show as a picture..

Ok apple OS 11 proprietary file type..nice idea..smaller files..but proprietary, so not everyone can see/ convert them..

"walled garden" mentality..
This is it converted to .jpeg..0.12megs (says 65.23 kB )

But..this is just the "suspenders" ..no "rig" fog gun or mags..like plinkercases says, the guy is going to have to draw you the kind of thing that he is thinking about, or you are going to spend much time drawing things until he says "yeah"..and then much material and time making them to add on to "suspenders"..and at the end of it, I don't think that they idea will be at all practical ( unless it is just for "posing in"..which many people want things for, nothing wrong with that as long as you get paid )..and I think the additional weight on the front will pull the back elastic tight into his ass..( maybe that is the idea..whatever ) when he takes the rig, gun, mags off, the back is going to sag down again, as will the seat of his pants..

Sort of steampunk or even diesel punk idea ..( I don't think Amish punk is a thing )

Converted heic Rig.jpg

Edited by mikesc

21 hours ago, mikesc said:

( I don't think Amish punk is a thing )

OT- Those Amish punks get rowdy...

Built a shoulder rig for a friend with removable dual mag pouch, used Chicago Screws to mount it to the strap.  Mayhap you could use the strap guide in Stohlman's holster book to manage the shoulder and tail strap, centering the weight in the middle of the shoulders. The holster could be figured to attach the same as the mag pouches.  Perhaps the holster could attach on the leading edge to the suspender with a down strap to the belt on the bottom rear of the holster.  Not sure that would be stable though.