Secondgunman

Used cambell randel stitcher?

Hello all! 

Im still fairly green as far as leather work but i know already im tired of hand stiching and came across a used but working cambell machine. I was wondering if the market was still demanding a healthy price for these and what I should offer. Thanks

How long is a piece of string and what is it worth? Is the string old or new, what's it made from, is it coated in oil, worn, stretched and unusable?

I am not an expert or even semi-knowledgeable on sewing machine prices in your neighbourhood, but I would suggest, with the information as you have provided, you have asked the unanswerable question. 

Maybe with a model number, condition report (which might be questionable depending on who writes it) and a couple pics, you might be able to get an indication of a rough-maybe-ballpark figure.

Edited by Rockoboy

Well ok ill bite.... ive now already purchased the machine didnt want to loose the opportunity i never see these for sale in my part of the country  so that being said the machine is in perfect mechanical condition but it’s unrestored and Aesthetically could use some love. paint is worn off from years of use. I would upload a picture but apparently the resolution is to high. Thanks for the response i hope it Serves me well. I would have loved a cobra But this thing makes beautiful stitches and was only a few hundred bucks. Thanks for all the information i found on this site.

@Secondgunman moved your post to leather sewing machines.  You'll get more participation here when ddiscussing sewing machines.

Review the following post about sizing photos to post on this site. https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/15122-how-to-post-pictures-on-lw/?do=findComment&comment=551171

Tom

14 hours ago, Secondgunman said:

I would upload a picture but apparently the resolution is to high.

I am not an expert in photography or computers or phones ( my phone is my only camera), but what I have found is ... if I email the pic to myself, it reduces it to a reasonable size, so I can post multiple pics per post.

4 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

I am not an expert in photography or computers or phones ( my phone is my only camera), but what I have found is ... if I email the pic to myself, it reduces it to a reasonable size, so I can post multiple pics per post.

On iPhone emailing pics with "Medium" size works best for this forum. This is very annoying though. And sometimes you want to post larger image with more details, size "Large" works but only 1 or 2 pics can be attached.

19 hours ago, Secondgunman said:

I would have loved a cobra But this thing makes beautiful stitches and was only a few hundred bucks

I'll give you a few hundred bucks and pick it up from you in Florida.  You can use the $$ to put towards a new Cobra.  :)

YinTx