Gaanes

Leather suppliers in Northwest

We make classy wood chairs with Leather seats. Typically we buy from Elmo of Sweden.

But I am looking for a leather supplier in the Seattle or Northwest who has a ton of hides we can look through for the match.

For custom I have been using Oregon leather in Portland. Anyone know a better leather shop in the Seattle or North area?

Greg-    www.nwchairs.com

The only other real option in Seattle is McPherson's Leather.  If you are planning to come down on a Saturday, be mindful of their hours.  They are open from 10 to 3 on Saturdays.

Does macPherson in seattle have as large a selection as Oregon leather in Portland? Thanks for the speedy replies!

I honestly don't know how they compare to each other.  They do have a much better selection than Tandy does, but I don't know how it compares to Oregon Leather.  All I remember of my really quick visit to Oregon Leather was them seemed to have a much better " scrap" (I use that word very loosely) section.  The stores are laid out very differently. Oh I don't know if it matters one way or another, both stores are owned by the same company. 

Edited by Aven
Grammer, it matters.

I know these guys are not in Seattle, they are in Napa, Ca. But hey, that's a lot closer than Sweden. Check out Napa Hide House. They stock a ton of leather and are great to deal with.

Hide house in Napa has a huge selection of quality leather, fast shipping to WA, and great service. If you qualify for a wholesale account, you can save big on retail costs.  -John

I can't suggest convenient supplier(S) but I can recommend rockymountainleather.com. based upon several purchases of high end leather AND supplies from them along with several decades of buying leather for my work from all over the world.

There is no easy way to achieve yours/ours/my ends when it comes to finding special leather needs.