JazzBass

This MUST be a Joke!! ...Nope!

2 hours ago, YinTx said:

If someone is going to commit a crime or commit violence, they are going to figure out a way to do it.

Like I said, tools (weapons) don't kill, stupid humans do.
Soon they'll ban opposable thumbs, 'cos they're enablers....

Thing is these bans may save some lives, but in the big picture they do the opposite.
Only the criminals have weapons these days, and the Police. But in my area the Police can't act/don't act so what we have are large suburbs/projects that are being run by criminals and ordinary people/civilians are scared into submission. And when you have a large piece of your population living scared your democracy has not worked...so basically what I'm saying is: let people have the means to defend themselves or relinquish democracy. 

YinTx, you are so right.  We've given away liberties like they were worthless.  But those liberties have come at great price.  We need to remember that.

On 3/20/2019 at 12:29 PM, Tugadude said:

To me the frustration is that when a warning becomes so pervasive that most folks ignore it, then is loses all validity.  . . . 

On this point; at least one airport here is stopping flight-line ground crews from wearing yellow hi-viz vests. They now have to wear a blue one. Its because every person around the airport, from cleaners to ATC all wear the yellow. Its so common that the flight crews have become 'blind' to them and don't see the aircraft handlers

Yes, over here road crews changed from blaze orange to yellow for the same reason.  Human nature.

16 hours ago, Tugadude said:

YinTx, you are so right.  We've given away liberties like they were worthless.  But those liberties have come at great price.  We need to remember that.

Ben Franklin is quoted as saying:  "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Bill

53 minutes ago, billybopp said:

Ben Franklin is quoted as saying:  "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Bill

Yes, and I think there are those who have twisted this to their advantage.  As in, if we offer "safety" (think Patriot Act and so many other "laws") then we can take away their Liberty!  And so they have.  

YinTx

Could be the handle?  For a while there, cocobolo was all the rage -- supposedly "toxic" chemicals within the wood.  That might be rosewood, though.. aged.

NZ just "banned" automatic (and semi-auto) guns.  Uh.. no -- sorry, I don't answer for the actions of someone else.  The fact that the govt failed to protect these people is reason enough to KEEP my guns.  Clearly, defend yourself or get victimized.  No, thanks...

On 3/22/2019 at 10:46 AM, robs456 said:

Like I said, tools (weapons) don't kill, stupid humans do.
Soon they'll ban opposable thumbs, 'cos they're enablers....

Thing is these bans may save some lives, but in the big picture they do the opposite.
Only the criminals have weapons these days, and the Police. But in my area the Police can't act/don't act so what we have are large suburbs/projects that are being run by criminals and ordinary people/civilians are scared into submission. And when you have a large piece of your population living scared your democracy has not worked...so basically what I'm saying is: let people have the means to defend themselves or relinquish democracy. 

I applaud you for being honest about how bad some neighborhoods have gotten.  Not just in your country but in many countries there are zones where if you call the police, you are out of luck.  Here in the U.S. we are always hearing about these ideal countries that exist elsewhere, but when you dig deep, we all suffer the same issues.

12 hours ago, Tugadude said:

when you dig deep, we all suffer the same issues.

Man, people are the same wherever you go in the world. I've traveled a lot, worked for extended periods in many countries all over the world. Culture differs but people do not. So we get the same joys and problems everywhere...

Guns kill people, matches cause fires, and spoons make people fat,  just ask the democrats

20 hours ago, Rhale said:

matches cause fires

In Sweden they do....

matchfire.jpeg.9f78720b392ad84cc98e216a7eb43509.jpeg

:o:P

On 3/21/2019 at 5:39 AM, hwinbermuda said:

after a jury in San Francisco determined the company’s Roundup weed killer caused a man’s cancer.

So here I am, one hour north of San Francisco. I go into the local Home Depot, and right there in the open is the culprit that's causing so many problems for so many people... absent any Prop. 65 warnings. Go figure.

IMG_7335.JPG

IMG_7336.JPG

Years ago I had a small-holding, a bit of a wee farm sort of thing. By law we needed to weedkill every year. Government recommendation was to use Roundup. As I had only about 1 acre I bought Roundup in 1 litre concentrate. The stuff I got was diluted 1 to 50, ie I had 50 litres at a time, more than enough. I did two or three weed killings a year.  Then the EU said Roundup was bad for me. I could not buy the 1L units anymore. But, a farming supply shop, where I bought animal feeds, was able to sell me 50L drums! Previously they never kept Roundup as it was easily bought in every shop in the area.

Years ago the EU outlawed the selling of creosote. Poor alternatives came on the market. I was no longer able to buy creosote for my fences and sheds. Well, not in N.I.. In Eire creosote was still available to farmers. I had simply to drive 20 miles across the border, and buy what I needed.

Edited by fredk

1 hour ago, LatigoAmigo said:

I go into the local Home Depot, and right there in the open is the culprit that's causing so many problems for so many people... absent any Prop. 65 warnings. Go figure.

In a PLASTIC bottle.  with a label... written with INK... attached with ADHESIVE... oh dear.  think of the children!

:Holysheep:

YinTx