katit

Needle positioner acting up

Need help with needle positioner. I got motor pictures. Yes, it's cheap motor. No reducing pulley installed.

How should it work? I see red light, it "works" somewhat. But it's not always leaves needle at a bottom when I let off. It would work and it would raise needle on back pedal. But it would randomly not do it and stop machine in random places.

I see no pattern on what happens. Using switch to "up" or "dn" doesn't do much other then preventing motor from doing anything. Power-cycle and it seems to start working but then it stops again.

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

If there's no reducer setup, i.e. belt is going directly from the motor to the handwheel and it has been set up correctly then it has to be the settings in the menu system (unless it's faulty, of course). Can you post a photo of the setup pages?

Do you mean instructions or picture of display? I did not change any settings other than rpms.

and yes, no reducer

Instructions.I would think you would have to set it up in the menu as it's likely that it would be turned off by default.

Instructions attached, however it works but not reliably

4E29178E-DB35-4C06-A8A4-F3B8E0331740.jpeg

Have you contacted the dealer / supplier? They maybe able to offer some suggestions. If you got it from Amazon you maybe able to return it, if from Ebay you maybe out of luck.

kgg

These are the instructions from my motor. Note section 3 about setting it up.

synchroniser.jpg

4 minutes ago, dikman said:

These are the instructions from my motor. Note section 3 about setting it up.

Thanks!

I can return motor, but I will give it another try.

I think I know why it _might_ act. I don't think belt is very tight and probably it "skips" a little. Maybe machine "inertia" caused it to move too far or something like this. I will get belt tighter and report back..

I don't think that doing "back pedal" is what they were set up to accept as "needle up" or "needle down"..doing "back pedal" ( by which I presume you mean "heel down" ) may have banjaxed it..Normally you set needle positioning systems to be 'something" when stopped ( when you stop pressing the pedal forwards..not when you "back pedal" ) either to be either "needle up" ..or "needle down"..

Ok! It works now. I think belt might be a culprit. Also, not in my manual but with trial/error I figured that for this motor light need to be on when needle is down.

What I have now: When needle "dn" - it goes down when I let off pedal. Heel down - needle goes up. This is perfect sewing setup.

When needle "up" in options - it goes up when let off pedal. And nothing happens when heel down.

Looks like problem solved and looks like it's crucial to have good belt/tension.

Good that you got it working. The needle position when the light is on is most likely the answer (which is why I referred to section 3 in my instructions). That light indicates where it will stop. As for the belt tension, it goes without saying that you don't want a slack belt when sewing.