jegenes

New Servo Motor for Adler

Hi all,

I'm converting an older Adler 767-FA-373 machine from its original Quick Rotan servo motor system to a new one. I'm installing a Skyrit TS750P-2. This is a 750 watt, 220 volt system. I'm in New Zealand, and this motor came directly from China. Everything is fine, except there was a distinct lack of a service manual or any schematics for hooking up wiring.

The new control box (see pics) has 3 connectors: the motor, the treadle control, and one for a light. I need to send low voltage to my old knee switch, which operates the pneumatic foot lifter.

The new controller doesn't have a foot lift. My old system's foot lifter was wired this way:

1. knee lever (switch) into old control box (round 4-pin connector)
  2. control box out to pneumatic control box
  3. pneumatic control box connects to air supply & pneumatic ram (foot lifter)

Hoping to make this work, but I might be whipping a dead horse here. Being in NZ, it's not easy getting parts. Any ideas on making this thing work? Thanks a lot. I'll upload the pictures in 2 batches.

best,

--john2062286495_01WiringBox.jpg.7dd73f874f632e9666a78c6a05d1f8ef.jpg

04 Knee Lever Switch.jpg

03 Wiring Box Diagram.jpg

02 Wiring Box Detail.jpg

05 Knee Switch Connector.jpg

06 New Servo Motor.jpg

07 New Control Box.jpg

John, I reckon you'll have fit a separate external power supply to operate the knee lifter. You'll have to work out the connections on the 4-pin from the knee lifter and find out what the operating voltage is, plus how you can bypass the old control box because you obviously want to remove that completely. Just a thought, where does the air supply come from?

Hi,

Yes, that's what I was thinking...having a separate power supply. But not sure how to go about having the mechanism tell the foot to "lift and stay up", or how to switch from lifting it to lowering it, when I start to stitch. Maybe I should just try to find a hand-operated mechanism and install it [grin]

the air supply comes from a separate air compressor. It's a small one, so it doesn't make too much noise...

--je

You could only get it to stay up while the knee lift is operated, once you let go of the lift it would drop. Same as using a "normal" manual knee lift except you're using electrics/pneumatics to operate it instead of brute force! Anything else is going to be awfully complicated (assuming you could actually do it!).