BattleAx

Harley Davidson Trunk Bag

Finished the trunk bag for a customer in CA. He sent me a sketch of the bag he wanted made for his bike. Used 8 to 10 oz Show Harness from Wickett & Craig this is great leather for motorcycle bags.

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

Looks awesome.

I need to make something like that for my bike once I get better at leather craft stuff

thanks for the inspiration

That is AWESOME, very nice looking, like it was meant to be there!

I didn't know it was possible to sew gussets like that on a cylinder bed. There is so much to learn about these machines....

Great looking bag. Love it.

Very nice.

Oh yeah, simple, sleek, sweet, and clearly sturdy.  I like it a lot.  Nice bit o kit there.

YinTx

Well done..... just what a good bag should be.

On 3/25/2019 at 1:29 AM, bikermutt07 said:

I didn't know it was possible to sew gussets like that on a cylinder bed. There is so much to learn about these machines....

I was going to say..." Oi....what are  you doing with my machine ??? " :rofl:  Its  identical,   :) 

....... and the unfinished workshop like mine . ( Sorry for being too observant . ) 

I have done gussets like that.   Love these machines .

@BattleAx would you mind if I show this to a client? Looks awesome :) 

HS 

Great work.  I have been wanting to build one for my bike, this may be the inspiration to get me started.  Thanks for sharing.

Very nice.

Nice work!

Well done mate. I know you had fun doing those gusset base corners. :P:rockon:

Nice work what kind of leather did you skive the gussets nice work

Great job, I want the same leather bag for my Harley Davidson. Recently, I have had a desire to take more care and devote time to my bike, because I want it to work and look great. I recently repaired it completely, replaced parts that were needed for perfect engine operation. Now I spend more time and money on the look of the bike. For example, I am currently looking for True Dual Exhaust For Harley. I liked two options - the Cobra True Dual Head Pipes (6250) and the Rinehart Exhaust for Harley Touring. Which one do you think is better and which one will last longer? They are both cool in appearance.

Edited by CruzTorres

On 4/19/2021 at 2:28 AM, CruzTorres said:

Great job, I want the same leather bag for my Harley Davidson. Recently, I have had a desire to take more care and devote time to my bike, because I want it to work and look great. I recently repaired it completely, replaced parts that were needed for perfect engine operation. Now I spend more time and money on the look of the bike. For example, I am currently looking for True Dual Exhaust For Harley. I liked two options - the Cobra True Dual Head Pipes (6250) and the Rinehart Exhaust for Harley Touring. Which one do you think is better and which one will last longer? They are both cool in appearance.

Severely off-topic, but interesting.

Rinehart will give you a deeper, less brassy sound and (in my opinion) are better made. Don't forget to remap your ECU (or re-jet your carbs) when you go true dual.

Great work, I don't want to show my friend this post or else he will want me to make something similar (I doubt it would come out as good LOL)