WeCover

New Member from Virginia

Hello everybody!  Been looking around here for a while now since I saw an answer to a sewing machine question on the internet.  I noticed there are a bunch of questions asked and answered about sewing machines. I will tell you up front that I do not do leather work much at all so maybe this is not the place to ask my question. A little about me.. I've been in the upholstery business for about 43 years...fresh out of high school.  Married, no kids.  I started out with a Rex 26-188 machine.  I then bought a new Singer 211U166A.  Been a great machine but I am having some tension issues now.  I just bought a new Consew 206RB5 machine and that is the machine I need to ask questions about.  Can somebody direct me to the proper forum to ask my question?  I don't want to start off on the wrong foot by posting in the wrong forum.  Thanks

Welcome from another VA guy- although new-ish as well... You want to post your sewing machine ?s in the Leather Sewing Machine section- The Consew has quite a few older/past threads so I suggest using the search feature liberally prior to posting- you may find your answer in droves!

Here is a link to that section of the Forum: https://leatherworker.net/forum/forum/50-leather-sewing-machines/

Im down east in Tidewater- Where abouts in the Dominion are you? Reason I ask is there is a strong Maker spaces in Northern VA (NOVA Labs) and the Norfolk (757Makerspace) areas that have Consews as well with a crew of folks that would love to have your expertise!

Welcome to the Forum and look forward to seeing more from you!

Hello SilverForgeStudio!  Thanks for replying.  I'm down on the Virginia/Tennessee line...little town called Bristol.  I think the closest place to me that is a dealer for Consew machines is Glen's Sewing Machines in Highpoint, NC.  I haven't called them yet to ask about my machine because I didn't buy it from them.  Just thought I'd try to find the answer to my question on the internet before I call them.  It's kind of hard to diagnose over the phone and I'm sure I can "adjust" whatever need adjusting... just need to be pointed in the right direction.  The operating manual is very vague.

Bristol is a beautiful place- Welcome to the forum and hope you get your answers- Be safe and as always- at peace!

Thanks for the welcome. Searching forum now.