Sign in to follow this  
chrisash

Looking for assistance to use a roller belt embossing machine

I have a idea for selling some embossed belts to a specific design, before i invest about £600 on a roller embossing machine, i would if possible like to use someone else's machine with my stamp to trial about half a dozen sample belts to show to selected outlets in the UK

If there is anyone in say 100 odd miles from Norfolk who could let me use there machine for a couple of hours I would appreciate it 

Chris@cjashdown.co.uk

Thanks Harry, but it only does small rollers and both there machines have no bearings so quite a poor quality compared with the Far Eastern ones similar to what Tandy used to make or the cowboy 8700

Whilst 5 years ago I would not have hesitated to take the gamble, now days on a limited pension it's a different perspective

i usually sit back and just read the posts but coming from a Maintenance background i dont think the Bearings would make that much of a difference in this application. 

I must agree, but it justs get my goat when someone makes something with very bad design features, especially those with a lot of friction on the contact points and presumably in use for a few years

39 minutes ago, chrisash said:

I must agree, but it justs get my goat when someone makes something with very bad design features, especially those with a lot of friction on the contact points and presumably in use for a few years

My Pearson No6 has plain/journal bearings just like the Bunkhouse machines. Over the past 100 years it must have done 100 miles of stitching through the toughest of materials and they've not developed any slop yet. Steel-on-steel doesn't make much friction. Add a couple drops of oil and that plummets. I reckon a small manual embossing machine should be fine.