Bishop

Looking for Cowboy Outlaw reviews

Attaching photos is pretty easy, the main thing is to make sure they're not too big or the site will not allow you to post them. About 100 kb. is a good size.

2 hours ago, Mudguts said:

and my singer 45k

Welcome Mudguts, That looks like a 1950´s 45k89?? So which one marks up less the leather??

Edited by jimi

You might have been better off with a treadle seeing you have reverse?? Unless you have 3 arms :lol:

My cowboy 3200 sold by HM Hightex based in Colchester Essex UK I paid nearly £2000 for it and converted it to hand operation . I also have singer 45k and that is also converted to hand op. 

So which one marks up less the leather??

There’s not much in it. both machines mark the leather a bit depending on what foot attachment is fitted . And must admit hand operating machines keeps you Fit . But I only use them occasionally as it’s one of my hobbies . Very stress reliving Ho and good  excise .     

Hi here is a link to there website, i have been to there shop they also have The Cowboy Outlaw their although not listed on their site did not have a test on one should have because i own Tippmann Boss.

https://www.franklinco.co.uk

Hope this helps 

JCUK

Edited by jcuk

Hi that’s where I got my 3200 machine . They were Very helpful they also got me all the attachments for it too . I owned a Tippmann boss i found it ok but very temperamental so it had to go then I got a windham cub sent in from the USA .and had problems with the cam and timing on it . So that went as well . Now got the singer 45k . A lovely reliable machine but have now upgraded to the cowboy 3200 machine . So my old singer 45k will probably be up for sale now . 

Did you go to there showroom. I also have a Singer 45k but its in storage i am looking to upgrade soon got my  eye on something a bit special just have a few things to sort out.

By the way nice work.

JCUK

Hi I went to their showroom and went to their warehouse to pick up my machine . Nice people to deal with.   I have found the 3200 will stitch a lot thicker leather and can use a lot heavier threads than the old singer 45k . It never misses a stitch and has the advantage of the walking foot design . Ha ha I should be a sales rep for them . 

I received my Outlaw yesterday! I ended up ordering one after first getting a Tippmann Boss, then returning it because I couldn't get it to perform consistently. Then I ordered a CB3200, but my wife was in a car accident, so I had to cancel the order to pay for car repairs. Finally I ended up ordering the Outlaw to save a little money vs the 3200. I have to say, though the Outlaw resembles the Boss, it outperforms it in every way. The components cycle much more smoothly and it is much quieter. No loud bang as the spring cycles. I'm not constantly getting thread nests in the bobbin area like I was with the boss. I've adjusted tensions for different leathers and it was a simple and effective process - unlike the boss when I would try to adjust tension a bit and then have a problem somewhere else in the machine that I could never rectify. I also got the left foot, right foot and roller guide which are working well. I got the flat top table as well, but I haven't tried that yet. I sewed up two passport wallets before work this morning. Amazing.  

What is the end of arm diameter on the Outlaw?

I have been using my outlaw machine about 2 years. Basic hobby stuff. Holsters sheaths a couple smaller bags etc. I have been very happy with the outlaw. 

20231113_185046.jpg