WeCover

Adjust Stepping Height of Presser Feet on Consew 206RB5

Just bought this machine new and in the process of getting everything set the way I like.  While using this machine over the weekend (I have an upholstery shop) I noticed that the presser feet are not stepping high enough on thicker fabrics to keep from dragging the top layer of material and end up with marks not lining up as you sew.  Can the height of the presser feet be raised to eliminate this problem?  I've watched the 2 maintenance videos on Youtube for this machine but I didn't see anything in particular to doing this. They are very good videos for the specs and maintenance of this machine.  I wonder if I should have bought the Juli 1541S because of it's unique way of stepping up on thicker fabrics.. According to what I have seen and read on this Juki..the stepping height steps the same depending on the thickness of the fabric.  Anybody have any suggestions?  Thanks

It's on page #23 in your manual.You go to the backside approx. in the middle you'll see a wing nut,loosen it & slide it up for more foot lifting height.

Thanks for pointing that out in my manual.  I saw that and by being a new machine was reluctant to move it.  I'll give it a try and see if it solves my problem.  Thanks for your reply.

On 3/26/2019 at 5:31 AM, WeCover said:

Just bought this machine new and in the process of getting everything set the way I like.  While using this machine over the weekend (I have an upholstery shop) I noticed that the presser feet are not stepping high enough on thicker fabrics to keep from dragging the top layer of material and end up with marks not lining up as you sew.  Can the height of the presser feet be raised to eliminate this problem?  I've watched the 2 maintenance videos on Youtube for this machine but I didn't see anything in particular to doing this. They are very good videos for the specs and maintenance of this machine.  I wonder if I should have bought the Juli 1541S because of it's unique way of stepping up on thicker fabrics.. According to what I have seen and read on this Juki..the stepping height steps the same depending on the thickness of the fabric.  Anybody have any suggestions?  Thanks

There is also a great walk-through video on Youtube that covers most of the normal things you'd want to do on a 206 

Thank you, Cowboy Bob!! I, too, was wondering how to adjust the walking foot height! I've had my machine for 2 years now and use my machine to make handbags and wallets and have always struggled a tad to get over some of the thicker sections in bagmaking! Thanks so much for sharing how to "fix" this so I can get up and over those thicker seams without any further issues!! I really appreciate it!!